Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Tyre update

Following on from THIS thread i've had the report through as to why it's gone like this

They blame the fact the tyres aren't the correct size for the car

I was all ready to go in there with the arguement that there is only 4mm difference in the diameter of the wheel/tyre with this set up and within tollerences recomended by http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html Also mentioning that the last set of tyres didn't have that problem and i'm sure that vauxhall fit the same size wheel/ tyre combo as a optional extra onto the later coupe's?

The I had them say that they were going to refund me for the tyre, so it's not their fault but they are giving me my money back..... hmmmmmm. Whats the point in my money back though as I still need a new tyre for the rim, well they won't warrenty it so instead of my money back i'm getting a new tyre as i'm confident it's a tyre fault anyway
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent news.

I bet the letter says "without prejudice" on it -even so it's a refund in all but name

Any news on the cracked rim, I dropped off to Pete?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Nope nothing written like that on there just they have examined the tyre and comuniciated the results to my trader and that they recomend I check the vechicle's handbook for what size tyre i need

Cracked rim has been expertly welded by Pete and I picked it up at the last monthly meet. You can't even tell it's been welded it's so good and Pete's taken special care that it's been heated correctly and ground away any nasty's.

That wheel has now been dropped off with the other 3 to the refurbishers for spraying at my traders cost because they dropped 1 wheel when taking the faulty tyre off damaging the face of a colour that can't be matched. Expecting to get them back at the end of the month as they guy that sprays the black chorme is away
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    still a result andy and not coming out of your pocket Well done !
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members