Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gilmore Foam Lance Any Good??

Hi,

Im thinking about getting one of these, are they any good.
    I realise that I would be better off getting a pressure washer and a lance but I dont fancy getting a pressure washer out everytime I wash the car.

Can I expect decent results with the gilmore connected directly to my hosepipe.

Any views welcome.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not really if you want my honest opinion but others may differ on their thoughts.....A gilmour to me just pumps out frothy water as there is no real venturis and pressure to allow air to penetrate the mixture which is what whips up sucg a good foam to the extent of a mass rather than a mixture.....With a gilmour you will never get anything like snowfoam but you may be happy with that..
    Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely shite, for all they were getting bummed up on detailingworld, they equate to a waste of money. A pressure washer and a foam lance is a far better option. (dearer but you get what you pay for).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    get a PW and an auto chem foam lance, just no comparison

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must admit that I was rather excited about getting one too. However, I was expecting a rich foam that covered the car completely. What you really achieve, even with the lance on the highest setting, is a thin watery mixture, which is not particularly foamy.

The best way I can think to describe it, is to suggest it is the same as the soapy water that dribbles out of the foam brush on a jet-wash at the garage. It is better than plain water, but not great.

I too have a pressure washer, but could never be bothered taking it out and setting it up every time I wanted to wash the car, so I went for the Gilmour too. I also find, because I tend to put quite a lot of shampoo and snow-foam into the mixer to create strong suds, and have it set to the strongest setting, it using up everything in the chamber by the time i've been round the car.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    isnt the gimore is virtually the same price as the foam lance isnt it? which doesnt even touch the foam lance in quality at the end of the day you get what ya pay for, i wasnt sure about gettin one but after advice from the experienced on here i would recommend and foam lance to anyone.

As for the setting up you dont really need to foam your car every week plus that annoying setting up makes washing alot easier and quicker not too mention preventing damage to your paint work.. if your serious about looking after your car then settin up a pressure washer wont be a waste of time or too much bother.

you can get a pressure washer from halfrauds for 50squid, once you have a go with one you wont wana put it down, believe me

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    funnily enough I had my car detailed by a guy on detailing world and he used a Gilmour Foamaster and i've never seen so much foam, that was just using a hose pipe and Snow Foam so I wouldn't say the gilmour is rusbbish at all, the car disappeared under a massive layer of foam...lol!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no i dotn think the gilmore is rubbish as i'm sure it isnt just not as good as a foam lance, lol now thats foam