Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 gsi misfire

Hi im new for a start lol ....

right... had a prob about a week ago now .Where the car stalled in traffic and wouldnt restart, Eventually it restarted but was running on 3 cylinders , with one of the managment lights flashing on and off intermitently and not enough power to drive happily .

Once i had got the car home i had a look see if anything was loose ,but everything looked ok ,

checked the plugs and the 4th plug was very black changed the plugs from ngk irridiums to stock ngk items as thats all i could get on the day .
    the car started fine and i took it for a small drive but when slowing down for a junction it misfired again ,

after getting it back home i replaced the coil pack with one of a vx220 T which is in winter storage.

again the problem dissapeered except for a slight mis on idle and the fact that the car was getting had off by cars it shouldnt have been out on the road .

at this point i noticed a small blow from the manifold area after further inspection i found that the manifol had a blow from cylinder 4 and that one of the studs was loose so i torqued this up .

The car is still missing on idel and i cant read the fault codes with my snapon tech 11 software as it seems to be locked ????? any one experioenced this ,

mods : it has a precat pipe ,silicone hose kit on inlet side ,courtney filter and did have irridium plugs ..... these lead me to think it may possibly have a stage one remap aswell but im still trying to get courtney to tell me if this is the case .. the car had just been topped up from half full to full with v power .

any help would be gratefully received

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Hi im new for a start lol ....

right... had a prob about a week ago now .Where the car stalled in traffic and wouldnt restart, Eventually it restarted but was running on 3 cylinders , with one of the managment lights flashing on and off intermitently and not enough power to drive happily .

Once i had got the car home i had a look see if anything was loose ,but everything looked ok ,

checked the plugs and the 4th plug was very black changed the plugs from ngk irridiums to stock ngk items as thats all i could get on the day .
    the car started fine and i took it for a small drive but when slowing down for a junction it misfired again ,

after getting it back home i replaced the coil pack with one of a vx220 T which is in winter storage.

again the problem dissapeered except for a slight mis on idle and the fact that the car was getting had off by cars it shouldnt have been out on the road .

at this point i noticed a small blow from the manifold area after further inspection i found that the manifol had a blow from cylinder 4 and that one of the studs was loose so i torqued this up .

The car is still missing on idel and i cant read the fault codes with my snapon tech 11 software as it seems to be locked ????? any one experioenced this ,

mods : it has a precat pipe ,silicone hose kit on inlet side ,courtney filter and did have irridium plugs ..... these lead me to think it may possibly have a stage one remap aswell but im still trying to get courtney to tell me if this is the case .. the car had just been topped up from half full to full with v power .

any help would be gratefully received
    No faults on the car mate z20lets don't like the standard NGK,i went through 3 packs because i thought they where faulty, if you nick the bosh plugs out of the VX problem sorted until you get new iridiums Oh and wellcome to the site

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as enigma has said, the let hates the standard plugs! you need the irridiums in. they run like a bag of spanners on anything else. especially if its had a remap! be carefull as the plugs have worked loose on a few people causing the missfire so tighten them up ok and see how you go on! h and welcome to the site also!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well ill try that first thing in the morning just got to work out wat the problem is with the ecu /code reader now

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can u use irridiums on standard car i has a little drop in revs on idle ?
    arden blue astra gsi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    popedaset of iridium 7s plugs into today and is now running mint again

did get a fault code up wen i finally mangaged to get into the ecu and that was p0170 which is fule trim first bank any one else seen this fault code ?

auto data gave me a mahooasive list of possibiles

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got that too. turned out to be AFM , not before i changed both o2 sensors and coolant temp sensor and spark plugs
    Regal 3.5+ 325map
    2003 Astra Turbo