Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just got pulled.. By a riot van!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just got pulled.. By a riot van!!

lol!

Went to my local shopping center earlier, and ended up getting pulled over by a bloody riot van and their team

Basically, saw flashing lights and I said to my mate, bet I get pulled. So all cars were moving to the side to let the van past, i did the same, then noticed he was stuck behind me, crap!

Then heard a "PULL OVER, GET OUT OF THE CAR" i was like oh **** not good.

So pulled over, 2 policemen jumped out, and quickly came to the passenger side door?!?

Anyway, basically went like "what was that all about before?" "erm, what?", how you were driving before, speeding.

I was like, I wasnt.

"We've been following you, didnt you see the van" not really, you mustave been about 10+ cars behind me.

"well you were driving pretty fast down that road" well no actually, I didnt go over the speedlimit. Did you not see the car that cut me up on the island. "no" Other police man "thats a crap excuse"

No, its not an excuse, 2 lanes of traffic, left lane for straight on, right lane for right. He was in the right hand lane, i was in left (going around an island) he decided to come my way the total idiot, my mate shouted at me watch out, as a car is coming towards the side of my car. So i booted it (Still not going over the speedlimit mind you!" and got out of his way, if i hadnt, there wouldave been some hefty repairs on my car.

They still didnt beleive me, or atleast one of them didnt. Had my license off me, my name etc etc then one went away to the van to check my details out.

The other police bloke asked me about my plates (which are not legal ones, I know this before anyone starts). and I told him ive got legit ones in the boot, but when i took it for my mot they said dont bother, theyre fine.

He said ok then and basically I got my license back, then they said on my way.

So, in conclusion. I personally think those policemen were spot on in how the dealt with me, what they said, what they questioned, and their general attitute towards me, and after being let off with no warning, no points, no producer etc, even though i'd done nothing wrong except the plates, its made me think a bit more anyway.

Just goes to show not all policemen are arseholes, and some do their job properly, and treat people how they should be, and it also goes to show if you're not arsey with them, they wont be with you.

Going to put my legit plates on now anyway, as thats given me enough warning, even though I didnt get done for them.

Got to say it scared the crap out of me hearing all that over a massive loudspeaker in the middle of my local shopping place lol.
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its nice to see a police "did the right thing" thread for a change
    atleast you were on your way quickish
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd have died from embarrassment after the loudspeaker incident i think!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWithCheez View Post
    I'd have died from embarrassment after the loudspeaker incident i think!
    lol, that bit didnt bother me as such as an embarrassment thing, it was the shear shock of it all that scared me lol, it was like a full takedown, loud speaker, police jumping out,opening doors, i was like argh! calm down lol
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I got pulled by a riot van once, luckily it was my brother driving it. Sooo many people slowed down to have a nose at what was happening. (I hate rubber neckers but that's another story)

See not all coppers are arse holes. Most are just everyday guys trying to do their job.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    exactly, it couldave gone a lot worse in my opinion. If they had been harsh, even though I didnt break the speed limit, accelerating fast(which I did to stop a crash) which they didnt see.. wouldave or couldave been dangerous driving. Then the plates, I couldave had a fine/points. So im lucky to be honest. Just goes to show, sometimes even careful driving has consequences

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    9 times out of 10 they feed off you, if you treat them like something you just trod in then they aren't going to be nice to you and they aren't going to want to help you. If you're pleasant and forthcoming with information then they will usually be nice to you. It's the same as with any other job.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Then the plates, I couldave had a fine/points.

can you get points for plates??? what exactly is the law regarding then these days, I know before you used to just get a 14 day rectification notice.

Mine is a private plate, everything is together with no gaps (spells name), but apart from that its ok, no diffrent lettering/fonts etc

Never had any trouble with it yet, but dont fancy points!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bet you went home quicks smart to change your pants! lol
    SXI Cheeky Bird!
    2003 1.6 16v Black!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausages View Post
    bet you went home quicks smart to change your pants! lol
    i always carry a spare for said situations

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast