Thread: hids in fogs query...?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question hids in fogs query...?

rite i no that the fogs ina coupe are the h3 fitment rite....? wanna fit hids into these how do these wire up as the h3 has another wire coming from the bulb??? secondly where did people mount the ballasts....??

thanks in advance

Danny
    SE2 coupe - veccy c airbox mod, total closure, blue led interior goodies, hid kit, angel eyes,led handle lights,kerb lights,uv footwell neons, twin exhaust,leds everywhere, tints,door pins

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im going to do the same mod to my car. I have ordered H3 bulbs so hopefully they are the right ones!
    I am not sure whether the cables are going to be long enough or if i am going to have to extend them.
    I really have not done any investigation into what i am going to do to fit them yet. I would have thought i will mount ballasts behind the front bumper.
    I dont know if the wiring plug to the original fogs is a direct fit into the ballast like with the main and full beams either. If it is then you dont need to worry about the extra wire. I think i will need to make a hole in the twist off fog light cover and put the rubber grommet on the bulbs in that hole to make it all waterproof.
    Until i jhave done it i can notr be of any more help i am afraid. Im planning to do it when i fit some new headlights when i have the bumper off.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you could let me know would appreciate it...

cheers

Danny
    SE2 coupe - veccy c airbox mod, total closure, blue led interior goodies, hid kit, angel eyes,led handle lights,kerb lights,uv footwell neons, twin exhaust,leds everywhere, tints,door pins

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Shouldn't H3's just be 2 wires as normal with H4's having 3 wires going to the bulbs?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    wont it be a prob for the MOT too
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Custom Stage 3.5 330bhp 340ft lb VXR Pop Bang Map with Ignition Cut Limiter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you should still be able to get the lamps to fit the original lights probly just have to leave the cover off and leave the standard plug disconectd and conect your high voltage ones

H3 only have 2 wires so dunno what you have bought

and about MOT il tell you on wednesday thursday as that is when mine is booked in

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Each to thier own and all that ,BUT are these HID'S kit's not the real mcoy actualy worth the hassel with police and ministry ?
    i know they are far brighter than OE bulbs ,but the lenses on OE lights aren't the right patern ect and blinding on-comeing traffic just for the sake of having HID'S , i would save youre money on buying them and the fines as its going to be the next excuse to be pulled for IMO , PLEASE dont take this the wrong way its not intended to offend

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know what your saying i was gunna fit like 12000 k just want them for the looks really and not intended for daily use... the h3 bulb has a wire that comes off it and plugs into ground if im correct just wondered how you go about this... no offence taken btw...