Thread: astra van 1.7 iszzu 02 remap problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy astra van 1.7 iszzu 02 remap problem

Hi People im new to this site first time hoping someone out there might be able to help me...ive got a 02 plate sportive van and hade it remaped the torque is amazing and its gained about 45 - 50 bhp but ive got a jerking problem below 2 thousand revs in first, second,and third gear and it lets out quite a bit of black smoke when you shift off like its unburnt fuel which i thought to expect as when you remap...dont know if this is a good thing or not...ive hade the egr valve all cleaned out and ive changed the air mass sensor unit and it still aint no better dont want to have to demap back to original settings so can any one out there please help me...thank you...

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    hi and welcome, sounds like the map is too advanced for the car and is giving it more power than is good for it!

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply taking the van back to the remap company on tuesday going to see what he can do or ill have my money back thanks for the link cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The map is wrong, it's over-fuelling. A 1.7DTi should only smoke a little at full revs.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice1 ZS for the info: the remap company are going to do another remap for me if that dont work then im going back to the demap...at least there will be no problems...someone today was telling me that if it was not doing this before then there is something wrong with the engine (as the ecu will now pick this up once after a remap has been done) or he said it could be a air leak or a injector problem but like i said it wasent like this before the remap...so i dont think its the vans engine i think the remap could have a spike or something...because the remap company are telling me that they have done 6 other astra vans with the same remap...with no problems...my answer is show me the vans...also you might have 6 vans the same but each van is different...thanks for your views and help...nice

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where did you get your remap from iv gt an astravan 1.7dti envoy jus with an afterarket airfilter, want to get a remap also bought this offf ebay how do you fit e lol! also how do i knw if my engine is vaux or izuzu?

link for turbo boosterhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERTEK-BOOST-CONTROLLER-ANY-PETROL-DIESEL-TURBO_W0QQitemZ140196680704QQihZ004QQcategoryZ7220 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it worth fitting it???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astra power View Post
    Hi People im new to this site first time hoping someone out there might be able to help me...ive got a 02 plate sportive van and hade it remaped the torque is amazing and its gained about 45 - 50 bhp but ive got a jerking problem below 2 thousand revs in first, second,and third gear and it lets out quite a bit of black smoke when you shift off like its unburnt fuel which i thought to expect as when you remap...dont know if this is a good thing or not...ive hade the egr valve all cleaned out and ive changed the air mass sensor unit and it still aint no better dont want to have to demap back to original settings so can any one out there please help me...thank you...

Hi, did you get the problem resolved as i have the same issue.. Dont want to demap as i like the way the van pulls from the extra torque