Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Front speakers

I have an alright sub and amp and stereo

I would like to get a nice set of speakers now, i dont really want to have 6 x 9's cos this should apperently not be done with a sub, correct me if im wrong?

So i want to get some tweeters and speakers.

Should i change the front and back speakers and tweeters or just the front ones?

Also what ones do you reckon would be good?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just the front speakers, no point in doing the rears and as you have said, 6x9s aren't needed as you have a sub.

Lots of choice so all depends on how much you want to spend. But you will need an amp for them as well, if you run them off the headunit they won't sound much better than the OE speakers.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the fast reply.

Im not too sure how much i want to spend really, obviously i dont wanna spend too little but not too much either, as im not showing it off to anyone i just want it to sound a lot nicer than it does.

Would about £100 be ok for a set of front speakers or do i need to put a bit more into it.

Like i said, im not doing it to show off to people and say yeh it cost me this much, but just nice so the doors can actually have some bass in them. At the moment with the standard door speakers and sub, all of the bass is at the back, when i try and turn the speakers up, they just start distorting straight away.

So is there any that you have got on with?

Or any that you can reccomend, im not a know it all when it comes to ICE, sorry lol.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    £100 will get you a nice set, but remember you also need an amp for them as well, because you won't notice much difference if you just run them off the headunit.

I am using Alpine speakers and an Alpine amp. They are only cheap ones, but with the amp they sound a lot better than the OE setup, and can go plenty loud enough without distorting.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, ill start looking.

Just looked at your diary, looks really nice, i want to do what you have got where the dvd player is up top and u've used the little bit below for the stereo, have you got any tutorials, or step by step guides of how to do this. Maybe you could help me in the other thread ive just made. thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    100 will get a nice set of comps but the biggest improvment you can make is put some good sound deadening in the front doors that will give you much more midbass even from the standard speakers i had mine like this for a few months and sounded ok but a big improvment

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at getting a set this month now and have been looking around, looks like its gonna be the AMP that costs the most.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on amps, as obviously i need to buy this first. Don't want to spend a hugh amount, im using standard speakers of the head unit at the moment. So im guessing anything is gonna sound better

Anyone got any suggestions as for the amp?
    '51 MK4 Astra 1.6i 16v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The amp will depend soley on which speakers you buy. Really you need to match thr "RMS" number on the speakers to that of the amp. A good basic amp would be the Alpine T222, which has an RMS of about 50 so would match well with quite afew of the entry level speakers.

Recommendations: Infinity Refernce components (very good speaker if you are working to a budget that is reasonable), Boston "S" range (again these are very good quality but cost quite abit more) or at a push JL VR components (these are getting serious now so will take a serious wodge but will give a slightly smoother sound)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAstra View Post
    The amp will depend soley on which speakers you buy. Really you need to match thr "RMS" number on the speakers to that of the amp. A good basic amp would be the Alpine T222, which has an RMS of about 50 so would match well with quite afew of the entry level speakers.

Recommendations: Infinity Refernce components (very good speaker if you are working to a budget that is reasonable), Boston "S" range (again these are very good quality but cost quite abit more) or at a push JL VR components (these are getting serious now so will take a serious wodge but will give a slightly smoother sound)
    cheers for the reply,

I know its the RMS im looking at mostly, but just didn't know what would be best to look at. Some go up to 50 RMS per channel, some do up to a 100, will be looking at spending about £100 on the amp and about £60 - £70 on the components, even if the speakers don't max out the AMP, at least it will be their for if i upgrade the speakers.

One thing im worried about is, will i notice a lot of difference?. At the moment i have standard MK4 speakers running from the head unit.

If i brought a 2 channel AMP and ran a set of components through them, would i notice a lot of difference?

Thanks for the help
    '51 MK4 Astra 1.6i 16v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    one hell of a differance obviously they will go louder but the sound will change for the better hard to explain in words but i 100% will garantee you will be glad you did also as i said abouve budget for sound deadening even the cheap stuff is better than nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast