AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Instrument binnacle LED's

I want to change mine cos i want to change pretty much everything to blue,

Can i have different lights colour lights in this

Say the needle one colour like red and the dials blue.??

Like the one above.??

Could i make my astra look like that?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The person you need to ask would be Ken (Oddjob) hes exellent at this type or work. He is busy at the moment but will proberly be able to help you out.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok thanks for the reply.

Will wait around to see if he replies. or if anyone else could help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You want something like these?

I can do them but as said not right now. Couple of weeks I should be ready to start again.

I am however looking into the idea of selling ready made conversion plates, your choice of colour, which you fit yourself to give the exact same look as those above. Saves you being without your speedo for a week or so whilst I convert it.

Might have that idea up and running by mid Feb I'm hoping.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Didnt see the point in starting a new thread ..

Oddjob u wouldnt happen to have any that look that good in red?? .. or any other colour ? ..

I would like to change all the lights on the interior to leds but i think im that inexperienced with leds (Not soldering im quite good at that) that i may have to invest in ur conversions ...

Soon as u start doing them again anyway

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice m8 if u make any white dials up to sell pm me plz i will defo buy a set of u

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dj elevate View Post
    very nice m8 if u make any white dials up to sell pm me plz i will defo buy a set of u
    White seems to be very popular, I did intend to make 4 different colours to start with, white with blue needles, green with orange, red with white and blue with red but I may do a couple more white ones as I'm getting quite a few PMs enquiring about them.

Quote Originally Posted by 5W4NN7 View Post
    Didnt see the point in starting a new thread ..

Oddjob u wouldnt happen to have any that look that good in red?? .. or any other colour ? ..

I would like to change all the lights on the interior to leds but i think im that inexperienced with leds (Not soldering im quite good at that) that i may have to invest in ur conversions ...

Soon as u start doing them again anyway
    I'll be starting soon don't worry

I've not done a red set yet, what colour needles would you think would look best?
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    I'll be starting soon don't worry

I've not done a red set yet, what colour needles would you think would look best?
    Cool cool .. i might buy a set of instruments just to play on ...

Well i love the first set u showed on ur post in blue blues a bit overly done nowadays though lol ... plus i have the black and red squared interior and a silver mk4 so i didnt think blue would go with anything on my car .. so i thought red might be better .. As for the needles i think the black vectra needles would show quite well (think im right the vectra ones are longer than the astra needles right?? ... ) if that dosent work then standard white needles would be fine for me because i have white instruments ...

As for people with black insutrments then i wouldnt have a clue think black with white needles and red LED's would look out of place but then again i could be completely wrong ... Think leds is a try try again process lol ...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your correct Vectra needles are slightly longer, the small ones are the same IIRC. I do have some sets of black Astra needles though so why bother with Veccy needles.

On examination only 1 needle is longer on the Veccy, the others are the same length.

I'll post some pics of a red speedo when I've done one, they will show both white and black faced dials done using the same background LED plate so you can get a direct comparison of which looks best for your car.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Your correct Vectra needles are slightly longer, the small ones are the same IIRC. I do have some sets of black Astra needles though so why bother with Veccy needles.

I'll post some pics of a red speedo when I've done one, they will show both white and black faced dials done using the same background LED plate so you can get a direct comparison of which looks best for your car.
    Thankyou!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast