Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have mobile broadband...

Hey,
    Does anyone here have mobile broadband? (vodafone.. 3 network)

I live in a rural part of n.ireland. I can not get broadband via the telephone line as i live too far from a exchange....

I have satellite broadband, but it is expensive, and slow (i get 256.... if even) and it cost £30 pm....

I want to play my xbox online, but i cant do this without broadband, and i thought maybe.... mobile broadband mite be the answer.....
    (My satellite broadband, is too slow, and BT, told me that in the contract, it states, that it can not be used for playing online games...)

Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hullablue, for the mobile broadband to work you need to be able to recieve a 3g mobile signal, which I think is quite rare down in the sticks of Omagh. I have enough trouble getting 3g in Moira.

But am interested in this idea as it would mean I could surf in work on my laptop without the restrictions work put in

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Be careful. I had a 3G card for my work laptop purely for MSN, IRC and light web browsing.. and thats all I used it for.. supposedly 'unlimited' with only light use and still ended up mullering their TOS. Be very very careful.. thank god my work paid the couple 'o hundred quid bill and not me! lol

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    Hullablue, for the mobile broadband to work you need to be able to recieve a 3g mobile signal, which I think is quite rare down in the sticks of Omagh. I have enough trouble getting 3g in Moira.

But am interested in this idea as it would mean I could surf in work on my laptop without the restrictions work put in
    Not with the vodafone one you don't, i'm currently running it off of 2G signals. When I was in lisburn I could pick up a 3G signal and it ran fast, if you can only get a 2G signal then it's not worth getting it. Plus, i've not figured out how to get online gaming on it with the ps3
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring