Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wheels

Hi everyone,
    I dont know much about cars, but basically i was wondering what is the best size wheel put on my astra mk 4? I possibly want 2 get it lowered aswell,
    Thanks for any help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it all depends on if you want a lowered car but with still good handling or you want it really lowered but the handling wont be so good?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    17 or 18in if u ask me with a 30-40mm drop
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh ive put 17s on it, having it dropped in a few weeks. Any advice on tuning or is there no point on a 1.6?
    Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tuning for driveability as opposed to tuning for power is always an option regardless of engine.

Is it the 16v or 8v engine u have? and whats the model year?

Basics as with any engine would be de-restricted air box & enlarged air intake from a Vectra diesel (See How-To section), uprated panel filter, uprated exhaust system (either full system including sports cat on models upto 2001) or cat back from 01 onwards - sports cats are available on later models but the cat is built into the manifold itself which in turn hikes the price up by about £500.

Cams are another good option (but only if u wanna go for maximum potential) then a remap of the ECU to increase power and tie in all the physical mods listed above.

Uprated suspension as u know and some uprated brakes to help the handling/power delivery.

All this could be achieved for approx £1000-1500 depending on year of model.