Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember that bit of Dynamat i bought?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Remember that bit of Dynamat i bought?

Almost done the floor ready for wiring and carpet. Just the fiddly bits now like the bulkhead and the tunnel. I was gonna wait until it's all done but i didn't think it would look miles different and it could take weeks!

That's taken 7 and a half sheets so far so just under a bulk pak. I'll order another pak for the boot and doors/quarters and possibly a half pak for the headlining.

Oh yeah, and what a shitter of a job! My hands are cut to shreds and my fingers are aching like frig. My knees are knackered from being in some really wierd positions. There are some jobs that get very boring VERY quickly!
    Coupe now being broken for parts
    You know the one

Enquire within

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes, it hurts, but you will forget that when you turn up some good music and the car isnt making more noice than the speakers.
    Excuse me, I'm Norwegian..

Milzy
    I'm going to say it no before anyone else does... good look putting it back together lol... oh and, you missed a bit!

I would really like to do this but I'm a mard ass, simple. Looks a good job so far buddy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzy View Post
    I would really like to do this but I'm a mard ass, simple. Looks a good job so far buddy
    Getting it back together shouldn't be too bad as i'm having almost everything modified or trimmed in some way, so i'll get the trimmer or the ICE boys to help out.

I wouldn't say it's a difficult job pal, it's just time consuming and very fiddly. Get it done, you'll be happy once you've done it
    You know the one

Enquire within

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I looked at it and thought, why's he got a 6x9 mounted in the metalwork under the rear seat?

I know better now!!

Looks good, I've never bothered sound deadening any car before but have just bought a corsa that has had the boot done previously and I will be doing mine in the new year when I start putting the rest of the stuff in the VXR!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    music aside is this stuff of any use for eliminating exterior noise - namely the sheer noise from the exhaust internally that is sometimes experienced. i know the big people like rolls royce use some serious carpets and deadening to make the noise quiet - is dynamat purely for keeping sound in with minimal panal rattle or will it serve a purpose as noise elimination from the outside

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks good that does
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 888rich View Post
    music aside is this stuff of any use for eliminating exterior noise - namely the sheer noise from the exhaust internally that is sometimes experienced. i know the big people like rolls royce use some serious carpets and deadening to make the noise quiet - is dynamat purely for keeping sound in with minimal panal rattle or will it serve a purpose as noise elimination from the outside
    I did the doors on my pick up and you never heard a Felicia door sound like it when it closed. Propper clunk as it shut, made a massive difference to roadnoise.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice job there dave. I would also recommend some second skin overkill on that as the soundeading will deading the panel and filter road noise to an extent but overkill will remove more ambient noise than you could ever imagine. Oh and if you do decide on some two sheets will do you fine, one for the floor and one for the sides. Or even an extra sheet for the roof. Overkill pro is a waste unless you are planning a full on ICE install

I think in total on my G I used a smidge over 3 bulk packs of Dynamat but it is worth it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    Oh and if you do decide on some two sheets will do you fine, one for the floor and one for the sides
    Jesus, how big are the sheets?

I was thinking about some sound deadening wadding but i wasn't sure what to use as the wiring for my TV tuner, amp, and Blackbird is gonna be laid down underneath the carpet. And i wasn't sure what the trimmer would use between the carpet and floor.
    You know the one

Enquire within

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast