Thread: Problem in the Trip computer display

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem in the Trip computer display

Hello mates! I hope all of you are fine!

Have any of you encountered this problem? Some of the vertical lines of the display are not showing. I was wondering if someone has fixed this by cleaning the conectros, or I am fooling myself and i need to replace the display

Thanks!

Sincerely

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a fix - i found it on a vectra website and it involved taking it apark, cleaning and re soldering bits internally - link was originaly on vvoc so i would think its a similar fix, easy option to buy a new one but not cheap iirc

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think your LCD cells have gone, once one goes the whole line goes. As said I reckon your best bet is to get a new one.
    Arden Blue Astra Vxr

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    yes it can be fixed but just depends on how good at dismantling things you are,
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's unlikey to be the screen, it's more likely it's the ribbon cable connecting the PCB at the rear to the screen. I've attempted to repair a trip comp once and I was unable to do it. The reason being that unlike the normal type of MFD the trip comp uses a MUCH finer ribbon connector and the space between them is very very small. The normal one uses approx 40 wire ribbon connector whilst the trip comp uses approx 80 wire.

However all is not lost. It may be that someone has dismantled the trip comp to install new bulbs etc and was just a bit clumsy, if you can spot the damage to the ribbon connector and in my experiece with these it's usually a rip bewteen the cable and the glass screen or PCB, then you may be able to selotape the connector down to the screen/pcb enough for a contact to be made. This will only work if it's just a couple of wires broken, anymore and you'll be very lucky to get them to work again.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.