Thread: connecting HD

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

connecting HD

hi just wondering if anyone on here could help me?
    I have a Philips plasma which is HD ready and an xbox 360 we currently got it on the VGA cable trough a adaptor into DVI as there isnt a HDMI port on the tv niether is there any component outlets! BUT when its connected trough the DVI port which in the book states this is for HD when u select HD in the Menu (to choose what you want to watch ie Ext1 Ext 2 Av etc) the xbox doesnt work but if you put it on the PC option it waits a while then changes to PC-A and works.

So all in all does anybody know if this IS in HD or how i can get it in HD???
    Had them both like 2 years but just bin playin today, only way i could think is get the xbox to component RGB cable then a RGB to DVI cable and try it that way??

cheers in advance
    lee

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So you definitely have the HD xbox cable with the tv/hd switch on it? im guessing you've switched that. Old xbox's don't have a HDMI outlet, like you said, only way was through that cable with the green blue and red connectors.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No im currently using a cable that is just for HD and has the VGA end on it! and seperate Red/white phones for audio

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure what cable you mean, if i where you i'd go and buy the xbox hd cable, could be the problem. Do you know anyone who has one to borrow quickly to see if its that?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IF when you say xbox hd cable if you mean the one that has the lil switch on it and spilts to Red, green, blue phonos and Red, white, yellow phonos then that wouldnt work as ive no-where to connect that to! the cable im using is a proper xbox cable stated for HD
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah right see what you mean now, well if your setting the xbox to output in 720p then it should work i guess.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would of thought you would have to have component out or an HDMI socket on the TV to get hi def picture as I thought these were the only 2 ways, HDMI being the best option.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jack thats what i thought. But its definatly a HD tv and in the book it says HD is through the DVI port.
    Pisses me off as we had the original plasma nicked and this is the replacment which ive never thought was as good (same tv just slight different model)

cheers guys

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will get HD through DVI, HDMI is basically just DVI with digital audio in it also so DVI can handle HD just fine. You should be able to tell pretty easily if its HD or not just by looking at it, although if you have nothing to compare it to it could be difficult. All the writing on the screen should be perfect and not blurred, also make sure its enabled in the Xbox360 options.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats another thing that puzzles me! i was playing on my cousins during xmas and had to adjust the settings so ity would play and noticed in display options it says HD... but in mine it doesnt! it just says Screen res, screen format, and something else ha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast