Thread: Amp Cable To Batt - No Drilling !!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Amp Cable To Batt - No Drilling !!!

Hi , ive heard alot of people say about taking the power cable through the air vent and it coming up from behind the wipers and stuff , has anyone done this ? if so can you send or upload pictures , i dont want to go drilling behind my glove box and the cables are already ran down the passenger side

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i didnt do this but what i did, is if you lie down in you driveers foot well and look up the back of the dash (after removing the little carboard cover) if you have the electric throttle there will be a spare grommet where i presume the normal throttle cable would have went. and this goes straight through to the engine bay. and it comes out in the top left hand corner of the engine bay(as you look at it from the front of the car). it takes a little bit of force to get it out like but it will come. sorry ive got no pics, but the grommet is about 1.5" in diameter adn its made of black rubber. i hope this helps mate
    No u

my baby - sold

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best bet to do a search i put some stuff on here before i will have a look for you

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that is the one i used mike, does take abit of force to get it through but it works

welcome to the site whitey
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here you go the only thing you have to drill is plastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    This is what i was talking about take the power cable through the inner wing on the passengers side

open the passengers door and remove the wadding there is a black plastic grommet in the side of the inner arch remove it and drill it out for the cable silicon seal it after

Remove the plug that goes to the door and pull it through into the passengers cabin all the way through

Now you will be able to see the power cable that you put in through the black plastic grommet,pull the cable into the cabin now and then make a hole in the second part of the loom that you got from the door the second part is the bigger grommet on the inner side of the car,then silicon seal,then refit door loom job done oh nearly forgot reprogram comfort circuit I've run 0AWG so you shouldn't have a problem, no drilling of metal

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I still dont like that above way as the door gets very close to the wire when it's open.

You got any pictures of the wire run through there?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    I still dont like that above way as the door gets very close to the wire when it's open.

You got any pictures of the wire run through there?
    The door looks closer in the pic but it doesn't touch the 0 awg,no i haven't got a pic as i done it on a previous car as it didn't have fly-by-wire,within the three years i had it nothing happend, i have used this piont on lots of audio and alarm installs in my 8 years of fitting with no problems,but granted from the pic it looks like it's wright on it, but it's not.

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've taken the way like those pictures

Eventually going to drill a hole and put it through and put a grommet on there
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Of all the years Ive used this forum I cant see the massive problem that certain ppl have in drilling a tiny hole behind the glovebox.

Granted, on 2001+ models theres a spare grommet in the drivers footwell but even if my car was like this Id still go behind the glovebox - the battery is on that side afterall and keeps everything uniform and down the same side.

Each to their own though.

PS: I know the OP mentioned RCA etc already down pass side but I mean in general...