AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yet another waste of time and money

Taken from www.pistonheads.com

Highways Agency advises you not to run out of petrol

If you ever thought that the Government treats you like an idiot when you get behind the wheel spare a thought for the people in the North East.

Not content with sticking cameras everywhere and threatening you with jail for using a sat nav the authorities have launched a campaign to warn drivers of the dangers of running out of fuel.

The Highways Agency is this week putting up mobile electronic message signs across the North East to remind drivers to check their fuel level before it is too late.

Apparently 67 people were killed and 950 were injured on the hardshoulder across England between 2000-2004 and motorway breakdowns in the North East are due to people running out of fuel.

So the message is this – look at the little gauge which normally has a fuel pump sign and if the needle is all the way over to the left, put some petrol in your car.

And if you can’t work out how to do that it’s probably best you don’t drive.

Highways Agency Network Performance Manager, Chris Holehouse, said: ‘An alarming number of people are oblivious to the dangers of breaking down on the motorway. Sadly we do see a number of fatal and serious injury accidents which involve a stationary, often broken down, vehicle on the hard shoulder. We are urging people to top up long before they hit the reserve tank to prevent these avoidable breakdowns.

‘Christmas is the last time of year that you want to be stuck on a cold hard shoulder so you should also be prepared for shorter opening hours of petrol stations and top up regularly.’

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why must they always pander to the stupid people reminding people to fill up, bit of a no brainer that really.

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats why my car keeps stoping on the motorway
    i know now
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its another one of those "I cant believe people are actually saying this" momnets, Like a Do not smoke sign in a petrol station or during a heavy down pour on the motorway saying reduced vision or when its foggy just "FOG". There has been a sign up for donkeys in between junction 60 - 61 on the A1 in a Police Observation spot, I'd rather see a sign in it then a cop car ha ha

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do they not realise that by stopping these stupid people being run over they will take over the country and then the world

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its like natural selection, if your stupid enough to run out of fuel on the motorway, then getting creamed by that truck driver is your just deserts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    maybe the goverment should reduce the cost of fuel so peopel can keep a full tank
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcoupturbo View Post
    Its like natural selection, if your stupid enough to run out of fuel on the motorway, then getting creamed by that truck driver is your just deserts
    Top dollar!!! I completely agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon View Post
    Do they not realise that by stopping these stupid people being run over they will take over the country and then the world
    Its just another way money you pay to be wasted on pointless crap. I bet this has cost them thousands in research! Maybe even needed a top of the range BMW to test their fuel economy on the motorway, hotel room as they've been driving for too long, dinner because they are forced to stop away, beer money for good measure and lets face it your not stopping in a travel inn are you because 'the companies paying'.

Not that I don't have any faith in our government or the way in which is run.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm from leeds, am i classed as a "person of the north"??
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone above Oxford is a northerner to me mate pmsl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast