Thread: Mark's SXi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Markfeeble's SXi

Ok, not too long ago I decided I was extremely bored of my Punto and realised that I wanted something else. It was an ok car to drive, and it looked quite good; and while it was nippy about the town, on longer drives it was really boring. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd bother to actually get another car though, until one day the oil sump went on the Fiat (the first thing to go wrong with it in nearly a year of ownership, and before that my mum had had it for 3 years without any problems, so no slagging off fiat build quality!) and so I decided to get it fixed and sell it on.

Now, while the Punto was getting repaired I had to go and figure out what I wanted my new car to be. I test drove so many cars! But after a lot of thought, I decided I really wanted an Astra. Once I'd sold the Punto and had the money to go buy my Astra, I had to set about finding one in my price range. After an extremely stressful few days I finally found her

A 1.6i SXi Twinport 3 door hatch in Saphire Black, 41k on the clock. I paid £400 deposit and then paid up the remaining £4,600 once I was able to get to the bank the next day!

A week later, she arrived.

I've never been so pleased! Of course, having been on here for about 2 weeks before actually owning an Astra I wanted to get busy doing some mods. Money was pretty tight after buying her though, and so I've started with the littler things.

First up was to de-badge the boot!

Before:

And after

Much better!

Next up was the night where I lost most of the skin on my knuckles, de-restricting that damned airbox and fitting a veccy 'c' air intake!

Can't really see much, but I was determined to take photos of my hard graft

That's all there is for now, I've got some plans but just no cash to back them up! We'll see what the new year brings in...
    Watch who's comin' at you! Why? Who's got the power?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I just fitted my black richbrook aluminium door pins in, and I think they look awesome!

Here's a pic!

I fitted my K&N panel filter when it arrived at the same time, noticed a small increase in performance - although I think it comes more from the fact that my air filter needed replaced anyway!

Got something quite big planned for the car soon, the part got delivered today but I wasn't home so I'll need to pick it up from the posties tomorrow!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the big thing that I wanted to do was get my GSi style spoiler fitted!

It's been fitted for a while now, but I've been pretty busy lately and not able to take much pics of it but I've got a couple to put up just now.

I know, the car needs a good scrub but I refuse to clean her more than once every couple of weeks at the moment 'cause she just gets dirty again

From here, I'm just waiting until I have some money again so I can either get her lowered or maybe buy some new alloys. I love the way the spoiler looks on the car though, makes it look much better imo!