Thread: "help" exhaust emisions light

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"help" exhaust emisions light

hi guys hope i posted this in the right place . but i seem to have a problem with my zaffy gsi . the wife came home from the school run and the car started miss firing and the exhaust emisions light has come on and there is total loss of power aswell. would any body have any ideas what could be causing it ? any info will very much appreciated before i call my local garage tomorrow

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on most cars you would first check your spark plugs. give them a clean and check the gap. check the coil pack for cracks or loose wires and leads. might aswell wont cost you nothing

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xx_CRAIGY_xx View Post
    on most cars you would first check your spark plugs. give them a clean and check the gap. check the coil pack for cracks or loose wires and leads. might aswell wont cost you nothing
    so could any of these things bring on the light ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xx_CRAIGY_xx View Post
    As above but the zlet doesn't have leads i've heard the AFM can cause the same symptoms but i would go and check the spark plugs if it has a nice little brown streak on the white ceramic then i would say the coil pack has gone bye bye,hope that helps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys just been out and taken the spark plugs out and there was a lot of condensation around them so i dried them of and all seems fine after a short drive so hope thats whats been the problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there gents

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im hoping to get some advice from anyone please.I have an astra cde 16v 1.6 2002 model.Ive upgraded the exhaust to free flow and put in a cowley branch.The problem is now when I start the car it splutters until I rev it up a bit.could someone please tell me how to solve this mess please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you have lost power as in will just about tik over but wont rev then sounds like a boost pipe come off check the 1 from intercooler to engine
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate glad you might have got it sorted, mines doing the same thing but only happens when its warm and have bin booting it for a while, but mine sounds like a subaru when the engine management/exhaust emissions light comes on, booked it in at vauxhall for friday i know its the expensive route but have tryed everything else, wrong time of year but its gotta be done i suppose.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevilastra View Post
    Hi mate glad you might have got it sorted, mines doing the same thing but only happens when its warm and have bin booting it for a while, but mine sounds like a subaru when the engine management/exhaust emissions light comes on, booked it in at vauxhall for friday i know its the expensive route but have tryed everything else, wrong time of year but its gotta be done i suppose.
    ye that was the same sound mines was making