Thread: Z20let

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z20let

Hi, What can the z20let stock engine handle bhp wise before having any internal upgrades.

For instance if i was to put a VXR turbo on a z20let, what else would need to be upgraded?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey dan i got as following:-

z20let astra coupe

VXR Turbo
    Cool Running Spark Plugs
    Pace Intercooler
    Axpexi Cone Filter
    Cat Back Milltek System
    Precat Decat
    Remap By Courtenay Sport

The Cars Proven at 260bhp

Ive Recently added a milltek sports cat which will put it over that 260 margin but not sure how much

And its cost and arm and a leg so far lol

Oh and i think its about 290 - 300bhp till you need internals
    COUPE TURBO, STAGE 3 261.9bhp/289lbft ON 19" WHEELS + COILOVERS NOW SOLD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on what usage. If it's for a road car. Whack anything you like on it apart from a tubular manifold and massive turbo and it will be ok. Number 3 piston may crack in time but that won't happen for ages
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Drives
    Astra Sri Turbo 190
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Add Dynamic Jay on Facebook
    I have a vxr turbo, courtenay front mount intercooler and so on but no re-map. I now have vauxhall telling me that my car's ecu can't handle the boost and it will fry the engine, should I enquire about sending me ecu to courtenay for a re-map or look for a standard turbo, i'm on my third engine so i want to get it sorted?
    Astra SRI-Turbo, now running CSS4 300bhp & 369ft/lbs
    <-- New pics and garage updated with spec list!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    would take anything vauxhall say with a pinch of salt tbh. these guys like courtenay have been round for donkeys yrs and know their stuff. i rather take their advice from courtenay or other top tuners than vaux for sure and i suspect most if not all will too on here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just wind the nuts on the actuator down to about 6 threads from the end so the turbo does not overspool and wreck the bearings. Your VX garage is telling you rubbish
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Drives
    Astra Sri Turbo 190
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's causing the engine management light to come on with the fault about fuel trim. They say it's burning the pistons. Theysay it could be the induction kit, turbo, flywheel and so on. I think they are clutching at straws as they don't have an answer for anything. But i'm afraid of putting in engine no.4 already and not even done 35K in the car.

Also as I live in N.Ireland apart from driving the car to courtenay or regal how reliable is it to send my ecu by courier. As my car won't be on their rollers would it make a difference, cheers for the previous replys.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the dealer can reset the fuel trim and the ecu will sort it out. My car had new pistons at Regal a few weeks back then it was not right afterwards. Took it back, they said the fuel trim was showing incorrect, they reset it and the fault got better. Is your engine burning out the piustons each time? If so it could be something as simple as the engine is running weak due to low fuel pressure or a faulty lambda sensor
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Jay View Post
    It's causing the engine management light to come on with the fault about fuel trim. They say it's burning the pistons. Theysay it could be the induction kit, turbo, flywheel and so on. I think they are clutching at straws as they don't have an answer for anything. But i'm afraid of putting in engine no.4 already and not even done 35K in the car.

Also as I live in N.Ireland apart from driving the car to courtenay or regal how reliable is it to send my ecu by courier. As my car won't be on their rollers would it make a difference, cheers for the previous replys.
    Hi mate. I dont know if it can be done but if someone can take a copy of the map from my Gsi and then blow it onto your ECU, Im more than happy to let you do it. If you know someone from vauxhall, maybe you can ask them. If it didnt work it could always be put back to standard. PM me if you think it can be done.
    White 1.9 CDTi 150 Sporthatch. CRD-T box. 19" VXR alloys.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Drives
    Astra Sri Turbo 190
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't mind doing it legit and paying for a stage 2, but I want to be assured that it solves the problem. I'll speak to a guy a I know that has a little knowledge on the subject he's nearly finished building a six speed turbo nova. If my car is running low fuel pressure do I just upgrade the regulator or could the ecu be the problem?