Thread: Anti Roll Bar Stabiliser Links??

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anti Roll Bar Stabiliser Links??

when i was lowering my car last week i noticed that the anti roll bar stabilser links were in the shape of a "C", even though the ones on my old car were straight. i thought nothing of it as i thought it might of been a newer car thing.

but this has been playing on my mind now since i went round a corner yesterday and nearly died

so should they be straight or in the shape of a "C"?

a pic so you know what im on about

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They should be like those in the piccy.

What suspension have you got on it?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just standard at the min geoff lowerd on Eibach's. i went around a corner yesterday and the front end of the car went like jelly and started weaving all over the road and at 60mph was a bit scary

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Grab ur self some new ones then.......personally I would avoid the pattern ones (avail on ebay for less than £20 delivered a pair) like the plague - these lasted me about 4mths last time before setting themselves free and swinging about.

A genuine pair of GM ones only cost me £30 on trade so if u can get trade then Id strongly recommend u get some.....retail I think is quite pricey at almost that price each!

You may wish to get some cheapies to tie u over though and maybe if Geoff's group buy goes ahead once they go into production maybe upgrade to some pukka ones.

The cheapies if ur interested can be found here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-98-04-...QQcmdZViewItem (the ones I got in the past - never again)

or these might be worth a punt - priced each so obviously get two
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...QQcmdZViewItem

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Geoff did you ever sort out the links you had made special, I thought you were trying to organise a group buy but haven't heard anything since the first pics of them you posted.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ken - I'm having to go shopping in the USA (yet again ) to get good quality components at the right price. But they are out of stock on a couple of bits till the end of Jan.

The ones I got before didn't have a big enough angle of misalignment and would unscrew themselves when you turn the steering full lock , so a rethink was needed.

But the ones I'll have done will be better than the Whitelines ones, in all respects

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Geoff for the update, keep me in the loop as I'm definetely interested in a set.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.