Thread: twin zorsts

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

twin zorsts

hi folks looking for opinions on these exhausts http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUAL-3-STAINLE...QQcmdZViewItem
    thinking of these for my zaffy gsi would it look ok or not ? seem a good price to me just me being indecisive as usual lol any opinions are appreciated

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Davie

Firstly, it is a very good price but there are things that I am dubious of.

Firstly this picture looks like it needs to connect on to 2 pipes coming from the front and I'm sure you only have one!?!

Second, it says that it comes with hanging brackets. What do these fix onto on your underside? When I had mine done they have to precisely weld hanging brackets on so that the exhausts are the same level at both sides!! Are they expecting you to wire it up or something?

Thirdly, if you do only have 1 pipe coming from the front then this has to connect on to one side, which then would make the exhaust gasses favour one side which then, IMO, cause problems with gas flow!

I really would pay the extra and get some custom fitted if I was you. I think that, although this looks a lot simpler solution, people are heading for some poor fitted exhausts! Here's how they sorted mine out at Exhaustsuk.com

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want to lose power then fit this.

The extra back pressure that a double exhaust generates is substantial. I lost a load of power when I had mine. Swapped for a single exit and it came straight back. May look nice but don't perform well at all.
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i brouht an exhaust off that seller once and to be honest i was the worst exhaust ever really hard to fit was not very happy wiv it
    No. 32

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is how mine was sorted on my astra, I have no back boxes but 2 central silencers, one is where the normal silencer would go and the other is just after it, basically the backbox is firther back and the pipework comes off it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's the first twin tail pipe that I have seen that will actually not just give you looks but also not impair the performance. Nice work who ever did it
    Be Happy