Thread: Whats wrong with the UK?

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats wrong with the UK?

I am really getting tired of living in the UK and if circumstances allowed would move without a doubt..

Everyday you hear and read stories that make you wonder were is worst, Iraq, Iran even France or here.

Murderers, rapists, terrorists, paedophiles, illegal imigrants all with seemingly more rights than the majority law abiding population.

Just take this story for instance - http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...d=networkfront

Here is a person who has invested his life and career in the UK and in small circles made a well respected name for himself yet the Government want to send him back to Sierra Leone for no apparent reason.

Now you take ANY terrorist convicted in the UK that is due for release and see the effort it takes to get them deported back the their country of origin.. Does it happen? Nope, they have human rights and come up with some shit about being oppressed in their country so cant go back. We the TAXpayer give him a good laywer and he gets to stay.

Murderers get released early form jail to kill again. Murderers get only 6 years in jail in the first place, because they pleaded guilty!! Like that makes it OK.

I could ( and probably could some of you ) go on and on with crazy shit that happens in the UK yet its the law abiding people that get bent over and butt ****ed.

Rant over!.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    one phrase springs to mind Andy... "The Grass Is Always Greener..."

unfortunately good news and stories with happy endings doesn't sell newspapers, and thus the media will always focus on whatever the controversy of the week happens to be in order to get people up in arms.

Every other country on this planet has it negative points, as they have positives. We just don't seem to look for the bad things just the good.

Take America for example. every tom dick and harry (or chuck, larry and hank ) can stroll into a gun shop and purchase an arsenal large enough to destroy a small country... How many kids have gone into shopping centres and killed multiple people in the UK over the last 5, 10, 20 or even 50 years..?

we just hear what the media and the tourist boards want us to hear unfortunately. I'm not saying the UK doesn't have its problems, just that other countries have them too...
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And thats a bad thing? Making guns harder to get hasnt solved our gun problem?

I know good things dont make the news but name anything in the last 10 years that the government have done that benefits EVERYONE thats not a criminal..

Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    Take America for example. every tom dick and harry (or chuck, larry and hank ) can stroll into a gun shop and purchase an arsenal large enough to destroy a small country... ...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Well I voted Conservative but even I can see there has been some good come from the last 10 years...

The signing of the Good Friday Agreement (N.Ireland)
    Minimum Wage Act
    Gay/Lesbian Equal Rights & Civil Partnerships etc
    Unemployment levels are lower than they have been for a long time
    Smoking Ban
    Widespread Urban Regeneration Programmes

...and these are but a few.

...You'll never struggle to find a cheap builder either

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ach stop your winging!
    -.. . - . -.-. - .. ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -.. . .- -.. ?

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My Dad told me straight out that he can't understand why I want to continue living in the UK, apparently if I had any sense I'd have emigrated by now. I think he's just trying to get rid of me.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    some good things there I spose, but this ...
    Unemployment levels are lower than they have been for a long time
    that's because the government has created shit loads of pointless public sector jobs themselves to get the figures down.

All good you might say, but it means that more percentage of tax goes on paying salaries rather than improving services.

The Labour gov before Thatcher did the same, and when Maggie got in the Tories cleared out loads of Quangos, but since New Labour got in they have crept up slowly to an all time high.

Look at the Government tiers there are now..

Parish council
    District council
    County council
    Regional Government in England (AKA Regional development agencies)
    Welsh, Scottish, and Northern Ireland regional assemblies/government
    Central Government
    and let's not forget the MEPs

and the countless other services, agencies, advisers, and monitoring bodies

All paid for by the tax payer, whilst actual service delivery goes downhill.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You know what had been regenerated were I live?

We now have a massive plastic clock that cost £24,000.. Could have bought EVERYONE in the town I live a cheap casio watch for that.

They have now made a bridge that goes from an already dead town center to the port, cost 3million.

Thye are in the process of building what I can only describe as three massive concrete chopstick costing over 1.5 million. They are building a new sports center although they dont spend a penny on the current one, cost 2 million.

The town is dead as anything. Shops are closing weekly. There is smegg all here yet they seem to be spending loads and the council tax goes up all the time..

Widespread Urban Regeneration Programmes

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I don't disagree with you at all Geoff, however the likes of Margaret Thatcher and the government she ran will never been seen again - there just aren't the politicians with the backbone to run the country like that.

I can't see that anyone else would be able to rectify any of our current problems, or implement the new ideas people seemingly want, as the media (and the general public) wouldn't give them the time to do so. Everyone wants a "quick fix" and upturn in their own individual fortunes, or if they can't get that then they at least want things to stay the same. With the exception of the taxation of fuel, and the levels of illegal imigration, Labour haven't really made anything that much worse than it was already on the road to becoming IMO.

The main problems with this country are not what we are taxed, and they're not what we spend on public services/the welfare state. Its what the public services/welfare state do with the money provided to them thats the problem. Personally, I beleive whoever is in power should be concentrating on waste management in the individual sectors one by one, rather than trying to appease everyone at once. That way there would at least be some sort of progress made, and subsequent governments could see how to continue these policies.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are quick fixes just no balls to implement them.. These are but a few that would cost much to implement ( as the costs would be recouped in money saved )..

1: Instant limit on Immigration. The countly cannot cope as it is. Loads of money saved.

2: Reform of the judicial system. Life means life and a higher "minimum" sentance for crimes like burglary,violent crime,rape and murder. The saving from limiting immigration would fund prisin places.

3: Less public inquieries into cockups.. We dont have a time machine to change things and its just a waste of money. The mistakes made are obvious in most cases and the remedies even more so. Loads of money saved here..

4: Streamline the civil servants jobs... Its clear that in this case "more is not better" and "quality over quantity".

4 things that would improve the UK and are easy to implement if it wasnt for all the smegging red tape thet government have put up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast