Thread: scraping the ice off the inside of the windscreen?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

scraping the ice off the inside of the windscreen?

Hi is it just mine or do other mk1 zaf owners have a build up of condensation on the inside of the windscreen? Which then turns to ice with mornings like todays. When i had the mk 4 astra it never did this?
    Is it a common prob or is it just mine? If so any ideas how to stop it.. cheers.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Mine seems fine in this respect but to be fair, we've not had too many frosts down my way, just mainly of the liquid variety!

Has your pollen filter been changed recently as a dirty filter will lead to higher levels of condensation on the inside of the screen, hence frosting on the screen.

Is the your post a wind up, given your user name?!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope its an honest question... I just happen to be fortunate enough to have a comical surname... As for the pollen filter I haven't changed it personally. The service history states its been done but then seeing at what an awkward job it is you never know... I think its something to look forward to doing over the Christmas period... Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There was a good thread with pics like a how to in the zafira section a while back, Jalfrezigagee may have started the thread but he certainly posted alot of the details and pics, have a scan through the old threads or look through Jal's old posts.

And yes, omitting to do the pollen filter at a service would very common IMO, they just tick the box in the service book

Regards.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get condensation on the inside of the windscreen occasionally, usually on very cold frosty mornings, although my pollen filter has been changed (although it's not frozen over yet). I also get it on our Corsa ....... just unlucky I guess.