Thread: Thank you

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you

Just got back from a cracking weekend and just want to say a massive thank you to all the work and effort that was put into organising it by the AOC team.

The day at 888 was wicked and totally different than what i imagined it to be like.

Saturday night was alot of fun albeit very drunk! (send bribe money for me to not produce photos )

Sunday was a good day and was nice of Steve Crook to invite us to LMF.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely, i didn't come to LMF but 888 was brilliant, very interesting and something different.
    Saturday night was erm, enjoyable and very merry

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks also i had chance to put more faces to names and some nice cars.
    enjoyed the trip to 888 and really enjoyed the trip to lmf (came away with a nice vxr turbo and a few little other bits )

thanks again for all those that made the weekend possible
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only made it today being as I broke down yesterday, was a good day and a chance to see some great cars, thanks to all those that organised!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would also like to say thanks for a great day. Was good to meet people face to face. Managed to control my spending and only bought a set of window wipers. The missus will be pleased!
    Thanks again guys

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Guys was a great weekend

& congrats to the winners!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    went both days,top weekend! good chattin to everyone and some nice motors about.bought some sportline springs 30/50 at lmf.hopefully gettin fitted next sunday.look out for pics when done!
    thanks to everyone who organised evrythin,thanks to jam for the food and a thanks to everyone for makin me feel welcome as it was my first meet up (wont be my last)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Big thanks to everyone!

Well done to Jam for his superb effort at Triple Eight/VXPC I thought it was a very well worked day, very professional and I was very impressed with how the day went - one big Aladdin's cave!!! Was nice to see some behind the scenes work on the touring cars. The buffet was cracking and clearly went down an absolute treat.

And well done to the guys who were looking after the simulator and keeping track of names and times etc. I know John was one of them (fourteenhundred16v) so well done chap and anyone else helping him!

Cheers to everyone for working out the evening timetable, and to Trudy for her taxi services!

Really good to see everyone again and plenty of new faces, see you all in the show season!!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thank you to all the people who made this weekend as successful and enjoyable as it was.

The best part for me was meeting some new people, John (fourteenhundred), SRiKev, Milzy plus girlfriend Heidi, DaveKG, Scottish Steve (whose username I cant remember) to name a few. Then there were all the usual faces, Clokey, Legoman, Cara and everyone else who spent Saturday evening with us including Mr Smirnoff and his friend Mr Orange.

Big thanks to Steve at LMF who not only entertained us all today at his premises but also added some fun (and interesting pictures!) to Saturday nights events.

Jam, you're a star for putting on the spread that you did and organising such a great day at the Performance Centre.

Trudy, thanks again for ferrying us around Milton Keynes, my feet are very grateful.

The only real disappointment of the weekend was that some tit decided to wheelspin his way out of the LMF carpark suitably embarrassing the club. I won't name and shame but I'm sure the driver (and several members who were present at the time) know who you are. Happy Christmas. Apologies for the language but there is no excuse.

The pictures will follow soon.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    The buffet was cracking and clearly went down an absolute treat.
    Especially them chicken tikka sarnies!

It was good to meet DaveKG, I initially wasn't going to watch the demo's but i started watching and was actually fascinated and couldnt stop looking.

Also cheers to Simon DTI for letting me get sorted in his room 'till i found John, and John for sorting the room out, and everyone else for the drunken laughs. Was good to meet people although i didnt get to speak to everyone.

And who won what on Sunday?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast