Thread: What a complete idiot

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a complete idiot

ok so i had a bright idea today ..i decided that i would try and get rid of a couple of light scratches on my door handle and a couple of stone chips on my bonnet .. i went and bought a scratch kit from halfords filled the scratches/chips with paint then left it to dry when i went back the paint had set with a bit of a bump in it if you know what i mean so out came the 1200 W+D sanded them flat but now my door handle just looks scuffed and my bonnet has got 3 scuffed patches too ...obviously i have sanded the lacuer off i have tryed to polish it up but it didnt work has anyone got any ideas i could try? do you think if i put a couple of coats of lacuer over the scuffed areas then buffed it up it would work? of do you think its a re-spray job? anyway thanks for reading
    Adam
    2004 1.8 Astra SRI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1200!!! its lucky you didnt go straight through.

If you have not got a PC or a rotary you will not be able to get the sanding marks out by hand.

The most aggresive w&d i have used to flat back touchups is 2500. and then be very careful if you have not got a PTG.

DIY touchups are possible with good outcomes but you really should pratice on a old panel first and have the correct tools.

You will now need someone who has a PC / rotary to rectify the sand makes and hope you have left some laquer!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

yeah 1200 lol... for some reason i thought 1200 was the finest ..obviously not i am going to try and find someone with a pc or rotary but i dont think it will work to be honest i think i have took the laquer off because it is very dull compared to the rest of the paintwork any more ideas guys?
    2004 1.8 Astra SRI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You may be lucky.

Really you could do with some one who has got a PTG.

This is what my car looked like after i did some wet sanding.

starting off with 2500 / 3000 W&D

I got it to look like this