Thread: ebay advice....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ebay advice....

I sold a graphics card on fleabay recently. Someone won the auction and never paid or responded to my emails for 3 weeks. I filled out a non paying buyer form with ebay.

Then I get left negative feedback saying I'm a scammer and I've sold the card before and he 'knows the card is faulty' and something about me using the same pic as another advert.

(no pic on the advert, card is not faulty, and hadn't been sold before so WTF basically)

Is there anything I can do about this - it's really sad that someone wasted their time, but now my profile looks like i'm a t*at too especially with feedback that says 'SCAMMER'

thoughts / advice?
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I believe you can dispute the feedback with ebay and if they find the feedback to be unfair then they will remove it/edit it.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you win the ebay dispute then they either delete the comment/feedback ot add their own.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    contact ebay mate, they will look into it. also email the bloke and ask him to remove the feedback as it seems he has made a mistake. If you act reasonably/amicably throughout and don't get arsey with him, then the bods at eBay will see straight through the situation and it will get wiped off.

may be worth asking him to show you the ad where the pics the same, and for him to show you what he's basing his "faulty" claim on... you may find he climbs down quickly when asked to provide hard evidence.

Ebay is cracking down on people who abuse the feedback system, there is a notice on the site and I beleive they are to be (or may have already been) featured on Watchdog for it so they wil obviously be keen to sort it out to prevent more negative press for them
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.