Thread: sri vs sri XP

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sri vs sri XP

ey, been looking at the two and cant really see the difference.

I see that the sri XP has the exterior pack side sills, front spitter and rear splitter but does it have a smaller roof spoiler than the spoiler you get with an sri with the £1200 exterior pack?

Also, is the XP anymore to insure?

Cheers,

Tom

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The SRI XP has the exterior pack fitted at the factory including 18” wheels as opposed to 17” on standard SRI as well as the VXR styling pack one, which consists of body-colour front lower spoiler/rear lower skirt/rear roof spoiler (rear roof spoiler standard on SRi models) and side sills and aerial adaptor, which all costs about another £800 on list over standard SRI model.

You can however, get the same accessory pack fitted to a standard SRI at a dealer for the approx £1,200 you mention, but this wouldn’t get you the larger wheels, therefore definitely better if possible to get an SRI XP direct from factory rather than get it retrofitted on a standard SRI.

Also the insurance groups are the same for both models as only for visual appearance however, of course the vehicles value with XP will be that much more than standard sri so insurance might be a little higher. Personally I would try both on a comparison website such as confused or money supermarket.com to give you a rough idea, but I would be surprised if there was a difference.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    great reply andy
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andym07 View Post
    The SRI XP has the exterior pack fitted at the factory including 18” wheels as opposed to 17” on standard SRI as well as the VXR styling pack one, which consists of body-colour front lower spoiler/rear lower skirt/rear roof spoiler (rear roof spoiler standard on SRi models) and side sills and aerial adaptor, which all costs about another £800 on list over standard SRI model.

You can however, get the same accessory pack fitted to a standard SRI at a dealer for the approx £1,200 you mention, but this wouldn’t get you the larger wheels, therefore definitely better if possible to get an SRI XP direct from factory rather than get it retrofitted on a standard SRI.

Also the insurance groups are the same for both models as only for visual appearance however, of course the vehicles value with XP will be that much more than standard sri so insurance might be a little higher. Personally I would try both on a comparison website such as confused or money supermarket.com to give you a rough idea, but I would be surprised if there was a difference.
    Welcome to the AOC

Steve
    Astra VXD
    rburgring - 10:55

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is the rear roof spoiler with XP the same as the VR version as ive seen lots with body kits on but some seem to have larger rear spoiler on. These are all 3 drs by the way.

Cheers,

Tom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the SRI XP is one group higher then the SRI in Norwich Union ratings.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also, the vxr styling pack with the rear roof spoiler has the vxr style spoiler which is bigger than the sri one.

Is the XP roof spoiler the same as the XP one?

Cheers,

Tom

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy060289 View Post
    is the rear roof spoiler with XP the same as the VR version as ive seen lots with body kits on but some seem to have larger rear spoiler on. These are all 3 drs by the way.

Cheers,

Tom
    I am almost certain that the rear spoiler fitted to the VXR is bigger than the sri xp one (& the one you can get added as an accessory to an sri). I think the idea of the xp is vxr style rather than being identical to a vxr.

Andy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy060289 View Post
    also, the vxr styling pack with the rear roof spoiler has the vxr style spoiler which is bigger than the sri one.

Is the XP roof spoiler the same as the XP one?

Cheers,

Tom
    Yeah the sri xp spoiler is the same as the one included with the vxr styling pack

Andy