Thread: insurance and small mods.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

insurance and small mods.

right, as per my first post, hoping to pick up my astra on saturday,its going to be the 5 door 1.8 sport, so not the most imposing sight to enter someones rear view mirror.

im quite into the idea of doing a few small mods when i get her,but unsure as to what i can get away with, im under 25 and will be on direct line,who say no to modified cars for u25s.

however,would additions such as clear side repeaters,wind deflectors and a new grill get me into trouble? ie. as long as i kept things subtle and non-performance enhancing?

thx guys

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sktr4lf View Post
    right, as per my first post, hoping to pick up my astra on saturday,its going to be the 5 door 1.8 sport, so not the most imposing sight to enter someones rear view mirror.

im quite into the idea of doing a few small mods when i get her,but unsure as to what i can get away with, im under 25 and will be on direct line,who say no to modified cars for u25s.

however,would additions such as clear side repeaters,wind deflectors and a new grill get me into trouble? ie. as long as i kept things subtle and non-performance enhancing?

thx guys

Hi,

All mods need to be declared if they are not factory fitted.
    If you had a accident the insurance company could void your policy if they see any mods that are not declared.
    Adrian Flux dont charge for mods that are cosmetic, only ones that alter the BHP or performance of the car.
    And we also have schemes that are designed for modded cars and for future mods covering them on a like for like basis.

Dan.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply dan,

does adrian flux offer a discount for AOC members? it is a company i was hoping to get a quote from before saturday anyway,and the free cosmetic mods is a huge plus

roll on the weekend heh

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sktr4lf View Post
    thanks for the reply dan,

does adrian flux offer a discount for AOC members? it is a company i was hoping to get a quote from before saturday anyway,and the free cosmetic mods is a huge plus

roll on the weekend heh
    Yes we do a discount just mention you're a member when you ring up for a quote.
    Dan.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also try Chris knott for a quote who also gives discount to AON members but also does great quotes if your not a member.

They realise that not all modded car drivers are boy racers.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...