Thread: motor bike leathers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

motor bike leathers

I'm new to bikes, just buying a 03 cbr600 rr for my first bike. Just been looking at buying leathers today. I went to the Honda dealer in doncaster and they recomend the Wulf kangeroo 1 piece leathers, i've never heard of them before. any thoughts?
    V-tec is like bad sex.... You wait ages for the excitement, then when it comes your needle drops and you've wasted all your money"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buy a 2 piece rather than a 1 piece. Much more practical, if you go for a ride and stop somewhere in the summer you'll be dying from the heat if you can't take the jacket off. Infact you are probably better buying a jacket and trousers seperately as the jackets from a 2 piece set are generally too short to wear without the trousers if you so desired.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any idea what size you are mate

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a uk 42. Don't really know that much, just recomended to get a 1 piece. I missed out big style at the bike show, j & s were selling loads of flood damaged stock (nothing wrong with them) for half price, wish i picked a pair up now. What brand are recomended?
    V-tec is like bad sex.... You wait ages for the excitement, then when it comes your needle drops and you've wasted all your money"

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good brands are Arlen ness, Alpinestars, Spyke, Dainese, Crowtree and more.
    Mainly depends on your budget. Best bet is get down to a good bike shop like Infinity or Hein-Gerike and talk to someone about it. Kangaroo leather is v.good.
    If you've got £900 get this suit http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/produ...oducts_id/2473
    Very good one
    Also different makes offer different fits.
    As for 1 piece vs 2 piece, i've always prefered the 2 piece as it offers a bit more versatility.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Then again............

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As most have already said....I think you'll regret getting a 1-piece

Thankfully I made the right choice and got a 2-piece - far more practical - having said that its still quite impractical at times lol

Defo the right time of year to get some though - mine only cost £500 a couple yrs back but got it half price in winter sale.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mmm 1 peice leathers....

oops...err i mean 2 part is alot better apparently

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had 2 peice RST suit and i must admit is was great, cost under £400 all in with gloves. Knee sliders for some sparky action, and padding in the jacket on shoulders and elbows.

stay away from the 1 peice suits uinless your on a race track. The 2 peice suits zip together anyway.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust