Thread: zafira fuel tank vent

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zafira fuel tank vent

hi all ive got a 2001 Y zafira 2.2 the last couple of times ive gone to fill her up the fuel tank has been under vacume this has never happned before dose anyone know where the vent is located so i can make sure its clear

cheers for any help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the small hoses go from the tank to the carbon canister under the osf wing. Either a pinched hose or blockage in the canister area
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
    the small hoses go from the tank to the carbon canister under the osf wing. Either a pinched hose or blockage in the canister area
    take it its a wing removal to get to it vx tryed telling me that the ecu opens a valve and vents the tank to the inlet system

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the under wing cover will do. There is a vent that the ecu opens thats true but if the pipes are kniked even with the valve open it still wont vent. You need to do some detective work here. Same as garage would have to do. Check if the valve is working
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the under wing cover will do. There is a vent that the ecu opens thats true but if the pipes are kniked even with the valve open it still wont vent. You need to do some detective work here. Same as garage would have to do. Check if the valve is working
    i found how to get to it today as i dont have my air filter box in i noticed the blue vent pupe that runs to the tank and the filter inlet pipe none of them are kinked how can i test the valve it used to be on the back of the air filter box i cablel tied it to the mounting bolt to stop it crashing around

cheers for you help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ga_137 View Post
    i found how to get to it today as i dont have my air filter box in i noticed the blue vent pupe that runs to the tank and the filter inlet pipe none of them are kinked how can i test the valve it used to be on the back of the air filter box i cablel tied it to the mounting bolt to stop it crashing around

cheers for you help
    update on this situation i disconected allthe pipes running to the charcoal filter blew down the inlet and a load of water came out the filter and a fair bit of water run out from the drivers side wheel arch area im not to sure if the valve is opening ill have to devise a way of testing it how ever should the pipe conecting to the other side of the valve comeing from the engine but under vacume as looking at this it would say to me that the zafira fule tank is ment to work under vacume

cheers for your help guys

grant

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ga_137 View Post
    update on this situation i disconected allthe pipes running to the charcoal filter blew down the inlet and a load of water came out the filter and a fair bit of water run out from the drivers side wheel arch area im not to sure if the valve is opening ill have to devise a way of testing it how ever should the pipe conecting to the other side of the valve comeing from the engine but under vacume as looking at this it would say to me that the zafira fule tank is ment to work under vacume

cheers for your help guys

grant
    final update i removed this said filter today it was full to the brim with water turned it upside down overnite to drain it blew all pipes out put it all back together problem seems to be sorted my question now how did it fill up with water?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    split canister? badly fitting under wing guard that is throwing water onto it? Can you take some pictures of the area?
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    split canister? badly fitting under wing guard that is throwing water onto it? Can you take some pictures of the area?
    ill take some pics in the morning the canester is fine all the inner wing is ok i cant see how this happend plus the cars only got 40k on the clock