Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ABS Help

Hi

I have a Vaxhall astra and im just after abit of advise.
    I was driving to work this morning and i got about 2 miles and my ABS light come on and also a light with a triangle, with a car and skid marks inside it also came on.
    I rang my boyfriend and he said it might mean a caliper is stuck on. I drove it steady and my boyfriend said to go slowly. Then i stopped turned engine off pumped the brake a few times re started it and the didnt go off. So i thought im going to have to take it vauxhall (its still under warranty) then there was a clunk and both the lights went off.
    Would anyone suggest i still take it to vauxhall?

Thanks, Sarah

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When the lights were on, did the speedo work?

It was likely to be one of the speed sensors by the way, and unlikely to be the calipers.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the speedo worked fine.

I rang Vauxhall and he sed if it wasnt for the clunk he wud say everything was ok.
    How can a speed sensor cause an abs light to come on? i dnt think thats right tbh.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Its probably the ABS sensor wire / connector has become dislodged. Doubt its anything serious Sarah.

You only have to knock the speedo sensor out of position a tiny amount for it to stop working correctly.

If its under warranty then take it to Vauxhall. If your confident you can take the wheels off and check the wiring and the sensor locations ect. But to save time and hassle Vauxhall would be your easiest bet.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i think i might pop it into Vauxhall. Oooo no i cnt take wheels of lol.

Thanks 4 ur help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi again,

After the light came on i was on my way to vauxhall when there was a clunk and both lights went off.

Unfortunately the lights came back on tonight, and the speedo has started to do a little dance for me along with a beeping noise (same as when you open the doors with the headlights on) the same lights have come on again, the abs lights and the traction control lights. im hoping they will remain on tommorow so vauxhall can get the code reader on.

In the mean time just thought i would give you a little update, my boyfriend is still wondering about a sticky caliper especially after the clunk and then the lights going off, he has also mentioned it could be as simple as a bad earth with the speedo going crazy doing 0-100mph in a second....not bad for a 1.6 eh?