Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was a busy weekend.

Few pictures from last weekend:

First off the Omigod re-appeared after spending a few weeks in the bodyshop, hard to tell in the pictures but she had the old Police ariels removed, holes filled and the full roof painted. Like wise the tailgate had a full hit of paint as well as the rust removed:

Next up it was time to sort her missfire problem out. Unfortunately she was only running on 3/4cylinders but was not bringing on any management lights, a new crankshaft sensor & plugs were tried to no avail, so it was decided to try a coil poack and see. As usual the spare V6 coil pack we had was different from the one on the Omigod so a quick raid of ebay and a new one was had for £65. This has to have been one of the biggest ball aches, basically as the V6 sits long ways in the Omega as well as sitting back to get to anything at the rear of the engine as a pain. To get to the coil pack involved having to removed he wiper cowling and wiper motor to allow enough access to get the old coil pack out, even then trying to get to the 4 bolts was far from easy. Once removed it was pretty much confirmed that the old coil pack was ****ed. Basically water had got into the coil pacl causing the insides to rust, expand and burst the casing open:

Next day Turbodave arrived have raided Uncle Arnold for one of his finest Transit vans (then again I struggle to see how Mat can think they are more refined than a Vauxhall as compared to a Vivaro this thing was about as upto date as a Chevette. Although I think this is a MK6 rather than 7?) either way this thing was a bin, so much so infact that it was free. With that the Turbo was loaded up and sent away on its holidays and hopefully upon its return the ABS fault will be no more.

After that it was time to load the 3.0 into the back of the Transit and send it off to the engine builders

Although throwing it in the local skip would have been a better move as this engine is far from running condition so will be heading back south.

Then it was time to finish removing the XE from the Black GSI as its now of no further use and will be heading to the breakers in the sky shortly

Next up it was the ST200;s turn. It seems to have a running problem which we still have not gotten to the bottom off. It had the odd running issue when I first picked it up, but a new airflow meter, IACV & crankshaft sensor sorted this. However 2k later whilst in Norway it returned, again the crankshaft sensor was found to be faulty, hmmm ok. Replaced again, but again whilst coming back form the ring the same happened. It was then thought that because of the routing of the crankshaft sensor past the exhaust manifold it was causing heat damage, however after sensor number 4 was fitted the problem remained (previously the car ran perfectly for 1500-2000miles after fitting a new one) So she is now down at work for further investigation

Then on Monday it was the Omigods turn again. I have been looking for a new interior since I bought the car nearly 2 years ago and eventually found an MV6 interior to replace the drap and knackered GLS spec. So All loaded up and back to the garage:

old interior before it was removed:

New interior all washed:

Interior out:

Whilst I was at it I removed some more of the random cables that are left from it Police days, this is less than a third of whats been removed in total and theres still a load left. I hope the weight saving will see 1 second of the 0-60 :P

New interior all in:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like fun. How many miles on the Omi now?
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Omigods on 121k now, would have been more but the last 6months it hasnt been used that much. Next on its list is timing belt and air con pump.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to ask Dave, but do you ever have a weekend away form your fleet of cars?
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I do occasionally, that was the first time Ive done anything since I got back from Germany, but tbh the temptation to tinker us usually too much :S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jesus dave - do you do odd jobs on the side? think i may need a trip to Scotland to get some work done lol
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you have been busy dave lol
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bloody hell that lot would take me months let alone a bloody weekend

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    121k isn't bad for an ex-copper motor. They usually have more miles than the starship Enterprise.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZS View Post
    121k isn't bad for an ex-copper motor. They usually have more miles than the starship Enterprise.
    Yeah I was suprised at the mileage when I bought her, I had expected it to be on a minimum of 150k but she was on 100,500 when I bought her (although she wasnt the car I actually went to buy, the one I went to buy was on 110k but was sold when I got there). Presume Linconshire constabulary either dont clock up the same miles as other forces due to lack of motorways or are just lazy barstewards lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast