Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Erikson k850i - review and advice...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sony Erikson k850i - review and advice...

I just received this yesterday and I'm not overly impressed - maybe I'm being a noob though! The phone seems a little cheap compared to the k810i it is replacing and the touch screen part (3 buttons that control actions) aren't that sensitive which can be annoying.

My biggest gripe, by far, is the camera. This thing is a 5mp camera. It's meant to be awesome. With the settings all on auto, just like my k800i and my k810i I'd expect excellent shots for a phone. If there is any kind of light source however the thing just messes up 50% of the time. So you seem to need to take 2 or 3 pics of what you want before you get one that is viable IMO. the others are basically far far too dark you can barely see whats going on. This confuses me!

You can change the settings, which I did, to 'twighlight portrait' etc and this helps but gives a huge orange / yellow glow to all photo's - which looks pish.

There must be some way to make the camera on this work properly? If not, it's going on fleabay asap and I'm keeping my k810i which has, IMO, a camera that takes excellent pics first time with no faffing about. Which is what a phone camera should be.

Thanks for reading (any advice appreciated though lol!)
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the camera has had mixed reviews TBH but alot of people use photo fix to solve issues - i REALLY want one of these phones still tho
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You have your finger on the light sensor
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_12345 View Post
    You have your finger on the light sensor
    I thought this, so double checked where it is, and it's near the flash so I'm def not covering it up.

Taking exactly the same photo more than once from exactly the same position, one may work, one will def not work and be too dark. it's weird. and by too dark I'm talking properly black you can't see a thing mostly.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As nicko said take your finger off the light sensor!

The light sensor for the camera sits just below the flash, if the users fingers are in anyway close to the sensor it affects the picture quality ( underexpose or dark). The user's fingers/hand needs to be placed on the sides of the phone not on or overlapping onto the back of the phone, especially the left side (flash side)

The touch sensitive buttons are too sensitive IMO, are you touching the actual white parts? Because i was touching above it and was having the same problem. Problem was solved by pressing the right button though!

I have been throughly impressed with the phone and would recommend it to anyone, just hope that SE get the hint soon and intergrate Wifi into their next device

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    honestly not covering the light sensor - intersting point about the touch sensitive buttons though lol I'm touching the word like you were too. doh. noob. haha. sorts one thing then!

camera is annoying me though I shall play with it some more.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the only reason i said the above is becasue we have ahd SOOOO many calls about the camera darkness and touch sensitive buttons

And once you tell they are like DOH!!!

The best way round the camera is not to put ur finger round the back as teh light sensor is uber sensitive, i will find the picture that was sent round to us and post it up so you know what i mean

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is in PDF format

How do i upload that as photobucket wont accept pdf files!

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its ok took screen shots instead, try the below Shannk, as i was holding it incorrectly and getting bad pics:

Hope this helps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ive got this phone and i love it, and i must admit that i was doing the same with the touch buttons when i first got mine! I also had the same problem with the camera but as said holding it as shown rectified all those problems!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast