Thread: Sympathy please!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sympathy please!

I have bad news about my car, nearly all of you don't no me so you prolly wont care, But yestarday at 1400 i spun my car off the road and crashed into a fence (pics of the damage to follow soon) thank fully i didn't hit anyone else nor was i seriously injured (whiplash only) but my car may not appreciate me any more.
    The damage is mostly to the rear of the car, the rear bumper has cracked open my passengerside rear wheel has developed a wobble and a dent to my passenger side wing as well as damage to my side skirt (yup you guessed it passenger side)

How it happened:
    Approaching an S bend out of my village. When i started to take the turn immediatly the back end slid out to the right, i promptly put a little counter steer to correct but over corrected and the car then shifted its weight and started to slide to the left, now aproaching the second bend of the turns the back end still sliding out i had no choice but to hang on for the ride, hit the Kerb almost straight on to the out apex of the bend wich caused the car to then complete its spin 180 degres. Now slidding backwards on a path (thankfuly no one was walking on) i then mounted a shin-knee high fence backwarads and promptly stopped.
    Wet conditions extremly greasy road.....

So please people in bad weather conditions take extra care.

As ive said pictures of the full extent of the damage and where it happened to follow soon, if only to help remind you how easy it is to get into seriouse trouble.
    COURTNEY stage 2 135bhp proven X18XE1
    Astra G SXI, veccy c pipe, remus center section, 4" jap style exhaust. And apparently an import

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not good mate

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Shame to hear that Rob. At least all the important stuff is the other end . Hopefully if you've not damaged the chassis then it should be easily repairable.

Get those pics up when you can and at least your not seriously injured nor anyone else.

Its quite easy to get these astra G's out of shape on the rear end infact its funny sometimes.

Pics when you can mate.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    unlucky mate, but at least no one was hurt, got a road near my work place which is constantly got mud from a quarry all over it, it is unbelievably (is that how you speel it??) slippy in the wet, cant even floor it a straight line on that road sometimes, are you going through insurance?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really sorry to hear that Rob, but the main thing is neither you or any pedestrians were injured, hope the damage isnt too heavy, and is in a repairable state.
    DEFINATELY NO SUNDAY DRIVER HERE

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unlucky ...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unlucky... sounds more like bad driving to me. Been in that situation twice in my time driving and both times I was driving too fast for the road conditions.

Are your tyres good quality, legal and correct pressure? It could be you had a low pressure without knowing it and lost grip that way
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    unlucky mate im in same siuation but i had a blow out
    No u

my baby - sold

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unlucky.

If you had a real engine under the bonnet you might have been able to recover it...

Bumper replacement, rear quarter replacement and respray to suit cost me £2500 - if you've suspension damage you're probably looking at a write-off.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty bad stuff mate, no offence but you should know the car underneath you before even driving at the speed limit in bad conditions, I've had the coupe over 12 months now, still get the odd twitch on 1 r'about near me, been major sideways there before....but because I knew my car I had control...

Good tyres are a must, I use Kumho KH18, which aren't the best but will probably out do any "Budget Tyre" on performance in wet.
    I dont want to be a product of the enviroment.

I want the enviroment to be a product of me...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast