LOL everyone groans when they see the thread title
Just got one from Supernovas - looks great but no nuts and bolts supplied
Here is their fitting instruction
INXX FRONT STRUT BRACE FITTING INSTRUCTIONSVAUXHALL ASTRA MK4 98>
- Carefully remove the suspension top dome by removing the large nut underneath the plastic cap on both sides of the car. (be careful not to adjust the suspension spring)
- Unscrew the bonnet switch from the inside of the suspension turret
- Carefully temporarily remove the black electrical cover from its location without disconnecting any of the wires situated on the passenger side of the vehicle
- Carefully lift up and move the fuse box without disconnection any wires
- Place the strut brace in the correct position by sliding it over both suspension turrets
- loosely secure both sides of the strut brace by replacing the suspension top domes
- Mark the location of the holes on both sides of the vehicle, whilst holding the strut brace.
- Remove the strut brace and drill a series of holes in the marked positions until 1 9mm hole is achieved through the suspension turret.( make sure there is enough space between the bolt and suspension spring)
- Brush a suitable amount of rust prevention on the drilled holes.
- Replace the strut brace and secure using the previously removed suspension top domes.
- Re-connect the bonnet switch to the suspension turret and secure using the original self-tapping screws
- Adjust the height of the strut brace so it does not hit the bonnet, brake reservoir or vacuum unit
- Secure the strut brace to the car using suitable bolts/washers and nuts (not supplied with brace)
- Make sure all fitted bolts are tight and the strut brace does not obstruct any components
- Set the tension of the strut brace using the adjuster and tighten the lock nuts on the adjuster
- We recommend applying a thin layer of grease/rust prevention to the nuts and washers that are on the inner wings of the car
No mention of refitting the relay or fuse box -
If the weather is okay this weekend will fit it - must have laptop in case I need to PM Ffoeg
The tech guide will be to hand any way Seems there is a 50 / 50 chance of it being a pain