Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with my astra G

Ibought my astra last december

Around february i noticed my car was burning oil so i had it checked out got told it was my piston rings

Afew days later all my cat fell to bits inside

So i had the cat replaced (manifold cat) i had a none vauxhall one fitted at a guarage for £350

Then i had a full rebuilt engine fitted at vauxhall

1 month after getting the car back from vauxhall with the new engine i had it put on vauxhalls computer and they said the cat had gone!

So i went wack to the place where i had the cat fitted and they replaced it again

And since march this year the cars been jerky mainly when cold and on low revs and it smells of strong fuel coming out of the back box (running rich?)

Well it just past the MOT a few days ago on the CO's max CO allowed on my car is 0.200 and it showed 0.197

The lad told it it just passed and the cat needs replacing thats why the CO's are high meaning it seems 2 be running rich because of another faulty cat

So that 2 cats no good within nonths i cant understand why

ive got a cat back exhaust fitted with no center silencer been told that should not cause the problem

Also ive had the back box repaired once (only a few weeks ago) because all the baffels were no good inside

And its now loud again

Any ideas people?
    Astra H SRI 1.9 CDTI 150 XP

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    .....must be the way drive !

Do you do a lot of short journeys...? maybe the cat is not getting hot enough to work properly, therefore shortening it's life...

Vauxhall must have some idea?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried changing the lambada sensors? It maybe them rather than the cat that need replacing