Thread: Ebay advice

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ebay advice

I recently sold my evo spoiler on ebay & am starting to regret doing so. It only sold for £11 + £13 for postage. I then had a lot of trouble getting a courier due to the size. Finally found a courier on here who was very good & cheaper than the rest.

It was still more than £13 but I thought my loss I should have advertised it at more for postage.

Anyway I emailed the buyer to confirm it had been dispatched & today I got an email...

"Hi, item turned up but it is cracked & chipped which was not in the description"

I sent an email to say sorry & that I will need pictures. Do you think I am doing the right thing?? I don't want negative feedback but the item was only £24 inc delivery ffs

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its damaged can you not claim from the courier?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did you know it was damaged?
    if not then the courier is to blame? was it insured?
    however does the buyer have the original packaging? if he signed for it and didnt state the packaging was then may not have a leg to stand on.
    SXI Cheeky Bird!
    2003 1.6 16v Black!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausages View Post
    did you know it was damaged?
    if not then the courier is to blame? was it insured?
    however does the buyer have the original packaging? if he signed for it and didnt state the packaging was then may not have a leg to stand on.
    No it was not damaged in any way.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He's trying it on mate, tell him to send it back to you for a refund, then refund him 13+11 he payed you
    Mk4 Astra coupe SE 2
    Signum 3.0CDTi
    Now Owns: Vectra C GSi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    agreed with above, id say return it and i'd refund him the item price and postage he paid, but i wouldnt cover return postage to you!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you specify that you would refund it if they buyer was not happy?
    If not then why should you do so, get the evidence that it's your spoiler first and not one they want to rip you off on, then see where it's damaged to whatever pictures you have of it. In most cases he's having you on.
    Good luck with it though

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    i'd say he's trying it on too mate. either that or the courier has damaged it, in which case its between the recipient, and the courier's themselves. i think he'll find once he's signed though then he waives the right to kick up a fuss as the whole point of signing is to say its arrived safely and not damaged etc (IIRC anyway).

if you offer a refund, then thats your perogative, make it clear you are doing it as a gesture of goodwill. oh and if you sell something like that again and you find it'll cost more than your estimate of postage costs, you can still amend the postage even if the buyer has paid, just make sure you include a copy of the receipt from the courier in with the packet, and the buyer can't argue or refuse to pay the difference according to eBay rules
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    i'd say he's trying it on too mate. either that or the courier has damaged it, in which case its between the recipient, and the courier's themselves. i think he'll find once he's signed though then he waives the right to kick up a fuss as the whole point of signing is to say its arrived safely and not damaged etc (IIRC anyway).

if you offer a refund, then thats your perogative, make it clear you are doing it as a gesture of goodwill. oh and if you sell something like that again and you find it'll cost more than your estimate of postage costs, you can still amend the postage even if the buyer has paid, just make sure you include a copy of the receipt from the courier in with the packet, and the buyer can't argue or refuse to pay the difference according to eBay rules
    The contract is with the seller and courier and any damage claims have to be made by the seller.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Deffo get him to send it back to you...I had a bit of a problem with a vivarium I sold recently on there, the woman came and collected it, then called me once she had got home with it and tried to tell me it wasn't suitable for snakes as the basking lamp didnt have a cage cover on it, and that it obviously wasn't a vivarium.

I argued my point that she won the item, and it was a viv, as I had bought it from a reptile shop near me, she tried to get funny and wanted to bring it back for a refund.

I then gave her the name of a website that sold the viv's and it showed them without the cage cover over the light...you had to ask for one to be put on if you wanted it as an extra.

So basically, she had to keep it as I didnt wrongly advertise it lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast