Thread: 07 Astra Estate Headlights

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

07 Astra Estate Headlights

I was wondering if anyone has had problems on the latest model (or previous) with headlights working on their own, increase and fade in light as they want when they want.
    Our astra estate on an 07 plate (latest model) the headlights have been working at any switch position, the only way to switch them off is by turning the engine off. Sometimes you have full beam and some you dont. We have the auto lights on function which does and does not work. Plus the console rear lighting, dash illumination & steering wheel control rear illuminations have failed.
    The car is current in the dealers workshop (as of Saturday 17/11). They are now telling us the part needed, something to do with the main switch, is not available and are saying they will hopefully get one by the end of the month!!! What ??? So what are they doing down the production line???
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome...

Sounds definately like the auto switching unit....shame that its not working as it should.

At least they've identified and are rectifying it.

As for availablility, the factory will only order what they need, so extras may very well take longer. (I had to wait quite a bit for a clutch master cylinder)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    I'm affraid Vauxhall work on a JIT system (just in time), so they only ever hold enough parts to create the cars. They wait until they are on the last few, when the next shipment arrives (just in time). But if theres any delays in manufacturing these units and shipping them to the UK then Vauxhall won't have surplus stock to use in the mean time. Literally the entire line could grind to a halt.

So I'm affraid spares of units that don't usually fail (as in your case, your the first one I've heard fail) are not readily available. Not great for you the owner, but its better than Honda where my friend has to wait 3 months for his parts to be created and shipped from the land of the rising sun!

Hope it gets sorted soon.
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?