Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smartening it up inside!

Evening all,

Basically a couple of months ago i had an accident in my mk4 astra, I was forced off the road by another driver (who decided not to stop) and now im saving up for the repairs as the insurance wont cover it (3rd party F&T) It was alot more complicated than i've said but those were the basics of it and i dont want to bore anyone to death just yet!

It wont be until later on next month when i get my car back (it just gets worse and worse!)
    But im planning on sorting the ICE out, just with a few tarty bits really, i just want a few nice additions to it (that are relatively cheap) but look good.

At the moment, inside the car is completely standard apart from an old pioneer head-unit that i was using until i could afford a new one.

So, This was my plan + budget (rough) for when i get my car back -
    • A (half) decent head-unit - Sony/Alpine (that is compatible with Astra mk4 steering wheel controls) and that i can also plug a 3.5mm jack into the front so i can play my mp3 - £100 or so (but willing to pay more if its worth it)
    • A decent Mp3/ phone (adjustable) holder - basically so i can fit it right underneath my head unit and it will house my mp3 player so it just looks tidy - about £10 or so?
    • A Parrot - not the bird! - the bluetooth thingy, i am planning on getting the one with the little colour screen etc, which i will fit to the righ of my steering wheel (although i could spend abit more on the HU and get it intergrated - your opinions?) - I think they're about £110
    • A set of front door speakers and tweaters, once again nothing too good, just something relatively cheap but good quality and smart - Im not sure on prices so anything half decent/cheap
    As you can probably tell, im not looking at going over the top or anything, just something to smarten it up a bit inside - any more suggestions of anything else are welcome!

So can anyone guide me into what you think is a good move and whats a bad (ie parrot/head unit)

Possibly a shopping list type thing

Im not going to get a sub or amp etc as boot space is vital to me as i use it on a near daily basis.

Im also on quite a tight budget as i have other things to pay for and i dont want to go OTT unless its neccesary.

Thanks all, all help is much appreciated!!

P.s. My mp3 player is NOT an iPod - its a philips
    2006 Sting Red Monaro VXR 6.0L V8

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Head unit and components

hi mate, about your stereo and speakers. I have just bought this set about 3 weeks ago http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alpin...er-p-1906.html i cant fault it, the headunit is top quality and can be used with the steering controls when you buy the cable from halfords or the AUTOLEADS website. The headunit is great for getting the most out of your speakers as i found out when i put it in a friends car and he was amazed. as for the components they are realy crisp yet still deliver good base. They also fit quite easily and consealed behind the door card. hope this helps.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you think it'll just be better to get a HU with bluetooth built in?

Maybe a bit cheaper?

As stated before, im after something that i can use my steering wheel controls and mp3 player at the same time, preferably a 3.5mm jack plug at the front of the HU or were it folds down (some hae that i think)

I'm a complete newbie at all this so any guidance is greatly appreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The standard speakers & tweeters already in the doors should be good enough.

Don't spend out any more than you have to.
    Sounds like your in for an expensive ride anyway.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea get a hu with built in bluetooth. the standard speakers are very good but if your thinkin about upgrading them i'd recommend upgrading the rear speakers too. you can get compact amps (which can fit under seats) to power your component speakers which will also greatly improve the quality of upgraded speakers. but then this does add up to a fair bit of dosh

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was told it was better to go for a parrot because its specific task is to deal with calls etc so it will be better than the bluetooth enabled HU?