Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I ordered some parts for my car

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    HNaga's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I ordered some parts for my car

    Hello All:

    I ordered some parts from Amazon for my Astra CD 1.6
    4 of: NGK BKR6EIX Spark Plug.
    1 of: K&N 33-2787 Replacement Air Filter.

    Please I want to know :
    I'm not sure the NGK is suitable for my car or not.
    The exact model for Magnecor leads to fit.
    Where can order Vectra c air pipe? could not find it in my local dealer.


    regards
    Opel Astra CD 1.6 Auto

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    GB's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    21,918
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Plugs should be more than sufficient for the 1.6!!!!

    No idea on the leads Im afraid...that is if u can get them!

    You can get the Vectra Pipe from your Opel dealer.
    Main intake pipe is Catalogue Number: 58 34 828 (9177099)
    Adaptor pipe from intake to Airbox is Catalogue Number: 58 36 834 (9177104)

    **Numbers in brackets are Vauxhall parts - fairly sure Opel uses the Catalogue number system instead.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    HNaga's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    Plugs should be more than sufficient for the 1.6!!!!

    No idea on the leads Im afraid...that is if u can get them!

    You can get the Vectra Pipe from your Opel dealer.
    Main intake pipe is Catalogue Number: 58 34 828 (9177099)
    Adaptor pipe from intake to Airbox is Catalogue Number: 58 36 834 (9177104)

    **Numbers in brackets are Vauxhall parts - fairly sure Opel uses the Catalogue number system instead.

    HTH
    I just hope the plugs work well.
    I asked my opel dealer and no luck , I guess the parts belong to a model which is not imported by the local dealer.

    I want to buy it online, do you know any site?
    Opel Astra CD 1.6 Auto

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    GB's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    21,918
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Save your money and buy it from Opel

    Its just from a Vectra Diesel so it shouldnt be that hard for them to get hold of.

    There are companies that sell them online but we would never advise u get from these as they are identical to the Vauxhall/Opel ones just sometimes at about 4 times the price!

    In UK we pay approx £13 for both parts... No idea where you are located but Id expect it to be a similar price if not a little bit more to source from either UK/Germany or wherever.

    Plugs will be ok - they are used by a lot of Turbo owners so they are more than good enough...maybe a little pointless on the 1.6 but they will work nonetheless.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    HNaga's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks m8, but we don't have Diesel cars here, so I will ot find it in local opel dealer.

    No problem getting it from opel dealer , I just need one who sell online.

    regs
    Opel Astra CD 1.6 Auto

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    GB's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    21,918
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely they can order it in from GM Europe or elsewhere? and still be cheaper than online

    At least ask your dealer for a price for the above catalogue numbers.
    It was also fitted to a variety of petrol engines on the Vectra - I'd be very surprised if they could not order it in for you.

    Where exactly are you? South America? Asia? Europe? or somewhere else

    As a last resort Im sure someone on here could source the parts and send them to you

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    HNaga's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    Surely they can order it in from GM Europe or elsewhere? and still be cheaper than online

    At least ask your dealer for a price for the above catalogue numbers.
    It was also fitted to a variety of petrol engines on the Vectra - I'd be very surprised if they could not order it in for you.

    Where exactly are you? South America? Asia? Europe? or somewhere else

    As a last resort Im sure someone on here could source the parts and send them to you
    From Egypt m8 , and I can ask the dealer for special order but I need the exact Opel Kat or GM part number which is different from Vaux number.

    regs
    Opel Astra CD 1.6 Auto

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    lokas's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Opel Kat no. is the first set of numbers above (beggining with 5) the GM Part number is the second set beggining with 9. These are standard numbers and do not change from country to country.
    2001 Vauxhall Astra MK4 1.6 16v SXI Flame Red

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    HNaga's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lokas View Post
    The Opel Kat no. is the first set of numbers above (beggining with 5) the GM Part number is the second set beggining with 9. These are standard numbers and do not change from country to country.
    As far as know GM part number starts with 1 , as I ordered Cruise Control stalk from local Opel dealer and it was 13142073.
    (The price was almost the same as here)
    Opel Astra CD 1.6 Auto

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    lokas's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not all of them begin with nine, some do begin with one. But I was reffering to the part numbers for the veccy C pipe.
    2001 Vauxhall Astra MK4 1.6 16v SXI Flame Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ok, ordered the parts...
    By CiSportHatch in forum NA Engines (Non-turbo petrol) inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-05-2008, 14:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •