Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Lightbulb 2008 Meets - Activities/Locations Discussion

Just a few ideas for things to do as a region next year, activities etc and places to go. Let me know what you think

----------

VBOA SPRING PARTS DAY & AUTOJUMBLE
    Sunday 09 March 2008

Location: The Connexion Exhibition Centre, Leamington Road, Ryton on
    Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3FL

Description: A general car parts “jumble sale” (hence Autojumble ) put on by the VBOA. Some ridiculous bargains to be had here, as well as being able to find some ridiculously rare and discontinued parts This is now a "must visit" event with a great social atmosphere as well as the best place to get those parts and other goodies ready for the summer season.

Notes: EDITED - THE PARTS DAY IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC, CONTRARY TO MY ORIGINAL STATEMENT ON IT BEING VBOA ONLY...

----------

COLCHESTER ZOO
    Any “Southern Zone” Meet Date

Location: See here:http://www.colchester-zoo.com/index....nfo.directions

Description: Well, whats to say? It’s a zoo. And it’s in Colchester. Yes it will mean a trek for a few people, but fairs fair and it will be the southern zone’s turn to provide the location and I thought this was as good as any. It promises to be a real day out rather than a general get-together, so load up your packed lunch (and your partners & kids I guess!) and come see the animals with us. And see the inhabitants of the Zoo

Notes: Entry to the Zoo (at time of writing) is £13.99 per adult and £7.75 for kids, however there are two ways we can bring that down First up is we can buy e-Tickets, which are £11.33 (Adults) and £6.27 (kids) plus a 60p transaction fee. Alternatively, if we have 15 or more people wanting to go (including kids etc) then I can book a group slot, however I need to know definite numbers no later than 2 weeks before the day. Group prices are £9.99/£5.99 (Adult/Child).

----------

COURTENAY SPORT
    Any “Northern Zone” Meet Date

Location: See here: http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=14

Description: Well, whats to say? Courtenay are the only Vauxhall-specific tuners in the country, and we are lucky enough to have them on our doorstep. As one of our supporting traders, Courtenay are always putting on group buys and offering discounts, so what about organising a RR day or even just a day up there and give something back to them for their support

Notes: If we want a RR day then I will need ideas of numbers in plenty of time in order to make arrangements and negotiate the price

----------

RWYB DAY @ SANTA POD - JOINT MEET WITH ANOTHER REGION???
    Any Meet Date

Description: RWYB quarter mile sprint days open to general public at Santa Pod Raceway. We could organise this as a joint meet with one or more other regions

Notes:see http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php for details of the potential dates.

----------

STAY POSTED FOR MORE INFO - THIS POST WILL BE EDITED AS I RECEIVE MORE IDEAS OR I THINK OF ANY MYSELF!

If you have any suggestions, or comments to make on any of my suggestions above, then let me know either by PM or in here!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    we should perhaps do some go-karting, bring out the competitive sides in us

Love the Zoo suggestion mate about 5mins from my house

Jon
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    well it was either Colchester Zoo, Banham Zoo, or the safari park at Kessingland... and I've never been to Colchester Zoo so I plumped for that one

Karting sounds good, would definatly need cast iron numbers and payment in advance same as we would for the RR day, but not too difficult I guess. We could perhaps have it as a joint meet with the Beds Region or even the South East...

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer joint karting meet would be good, and like you say pre-paid booking too. Indikart at my area is around £45 for an endurance race but i can find out more details in the future if we need them.
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go to a safari park and see who's car the monkeys damage the most!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    don't know of any safari parks like that Keith, the "safari park" at Kessingland is basically just a zoo but the emphasis is on the African animals. I think its called "Africa Alive!" or something, its owned/run by the same people as Banham Zoo...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I've mentioned these before, but what do you all think about me putting these ideas into practise for next year?

1. Roadtrips to other regions for a joint meet(or meets)
    2. Proper convoys to the national shows such as PVS/Fast Fest/Billing/Trax
    3. "Work parties" where we meet and help each other out with our cars (pooling our skills )
    4. The beach bbq meet that we discussed in the summer and never organised

your thoughts?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    don't know of any safari parks like that Keith, the "safari park" at Kessingland is basically just a zoo but the emphasis is on the African animals. I think its called "Africa Alive!" or something, its owned/run by the same people as Banham Zoo...
    Woburn Abbey have drive through animal "pens" where the monkey's have every chance to help themselves to car parts!

If Woburn is too far then I suggest a slow drive through the one of the less savoury housing estates in Thetford!

I was only kidding anyway, I for one would not want my car pulled to bits by any primate or any anmial found in Woburn Abbey!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    yeah i knew you were only kidding, could be a fun game though

send in the unsuspecting members first eh?!

you any thoughts on places to go/things to do though? would appreciate any/all input from one of our longer-standing members

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Like all the Ideas personaly Pete especially the firs 1 (hopefully will actually pull my finger out in the nearest future and get a full membership) Jons idea sounds quite good aswell, i'm up for most things really providing i have money LOL!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast