Thread: Carphone Warehouse Rant – yet again!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Carphone Warehouse Rant – yet again!!

Ok since October last year Ive had issues with Carphone Warehouse. They where finally sorted in February last year and I had about 4 months hasstle free then I decided to upgrade as I would upgrade as they gave me a great deal because of the issues etc. this was 600 mins any network, 500 texts and 500 texts free ( so 1000 texts per month ) for £35 and £200 cashback!! – winner

I noticed my bills where creeping up so I called to add a 100 text bolt on. They advised me because I have the 500 free I cant add a bolt on and I would have to remove it as I cant have 2 bolt ons at once! Now I work with o2 every day and all the networks so I know they are talking crap and you can have a lot more than 2!! I spoke to a team leader who was as much use as a chocolate fire guard and I sent a letter of complaint recorded delivery the next morning ( 2nd October ) called today as ive not had any response and the girl said it can take up to 4 weeks to be dealt with, also there was NO record on the account of the letter – I told her it was sent 2 October so that’s over 4 weeks!!!!! I realised I had insurance so I can cancel my contract after 6 months ( which is next week ) so I am off to the local Carphone Warehouse store next week to hand the phone ( which is faulty and they wouldn’t fix ) back with the box etc and to request my PAC code to take my number elsewhere. They have said it takes 72 hours to do but no doubt they will screw that up aswell……………………

I have found the perfect deal online tho - http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/t.../o2textfreedom

Its £35 a month, unlimited texts ( fair usage policy of 2000 ) and 600 mins! With a new Sony K850i – the phone I wanted anyway

So I really cant wait to ditch them retards and FINGERS crossed ill be ok for a while at least.

*RANT OVER*]

Kev
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got my £200 cashback cheque other day, really cheered me up
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_12345 View Post
    I got my £200 cashback cheque other day, really cheered me up
    They said I have to claim half at month 6 and half at month 9!! So im claiming the first part now quick & cancelling it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    With regards to the tariff your looking at on O2 the "online 35" i think it is, have a look at Orange, i pay £35 a month and get Unlimited Texts (3000 fair usage) and 600 X network anytime minutes. i also have the K850i and WOW what a phone, although i have just ordered the IPhone too fingers crossed. But depending on what phone you select with orange you can get £180 cash back or Free credit i think they call it. and there Customer services from my opinion i have always had alot of time for them they are very nice on the phone and always want to help. CPW i had a bad time with them about 6 yrs ago not been in one since.
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nothing is unlimited these days is it, stupid friggin fair usage policies!
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_888 View Post
    nothing is unlimited these days is it, stupid friggin fair usage policies!
    i know mate - always check the small print

jonuk7 - cheers mate. did look at t mobile aswell but the signal is poo near me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    called again ref my letter of complaint & Ive been told if I cancel my contract on my insurance I CANT get my pac code as the insurance pays it off. The only way to cancel my contract totally and get my number is to get a new contract with the I-phone which I pay £269 for and go in a shit 18 month contract BUT with o2 DIRECT and no CPWH!!!!

If I cancel my contract its £420 buy out figure!! So god knows what to do

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cancel on insurance n get a new number - therefore letting you get back to the point of people you want to know your number knowing your number
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_888 View Post
    Cancel on insurance n get a new number - therefore letting you get back to the point of people you want to know your number knowing your number
    Only problem I have is ive listed my number with tons of companys and estate agents in Stafford where im moving to and also as ive had a few interviews there im waiting on calls from there so I cant lose the number

i did think bout that but because of the above i cant