Thread: airbag\belt tensioner light on

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

airbag\belt tensioner light on

The dash warning light for my airbag\belt tensioner came on at about the same time my front left dims and parking lights blew. I replaced the bulbs but the warning light is still on. Could this be a fuse issue or do i need a dealer to do a TECH2 that i've read about in a few other related threads?
    btw, what is a TECH2?

Thanks!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    The dash warning light for my airbag\belt tensioner came on at about the same time my front left dims and parking lights blew. I replaced the bulbs but the warning light is still on. Could this be a fuse issue or do i need a dealer to do a TECH2 that i've read about in a few other related threads?
    btw, what is a TECH2?

Thanks!
    Yeah check all the fuses,but if the problem was resolved the light should go as when i had my pretensioners unplugged the light came on,once they where plugged in it disappeared. A Tech2 is the machine Vauxhall use to talk to all the ECU's (Electrical Control Units) and the sensors on the car to fault find hope that helps

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Light fuses fine and dont see any fuses associated with the airbag\presensioners. I also disconnected and reconnected the pretensioners but still the light stays on.
    It actually goes off first liker the rest of the dash lights when the ignition starts and then comes back on again after about 2 seconds and stays on.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    Light fuses fine and dont see any fuses associated with the airbag\presensioners. I also disconnected and reconnected the pretensioners but still the light stays on.
    It actually goes off first liker the rest of the dash lights when the ignition starts and then comes back on again after about 2 seconds and stays on.
    That is exactly wot happens to my air bag light on my dash, when the ignition is turned on the light goes out and then after a couple of seconds it comes back on again and stays on

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might be worth disconnecting the battery for 40mins or so - might help to reset the airbag system as it does the ECU etc

probs wont help but worth a shot..... just make sure u have ur radio code if u still have the original head unit

astrasximan: Id do what the other guy suggested and make sure all pretensioner plugs are intact under the seats..... if u do disconnect/reconnect them make sure u do so when the key is out of the ignition