Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are these the easy to fit sharkeyes??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are these the easy to fit sharkeyes??

Winter is here and then you realise how crap standard lights are. Found these, i asked seller the bulb size and the reply was H7. I know there are issues with wiring and ds2 bulbs, so from peoples knowledge, will these be a straight swap wiring wise??? If so id better order some and get an HID kit sorted!
    http://www.gbkperformance.co.uk/inde...oducts_id=5165
    Thanks

Milzy
    I ordered 2 weeks today mate, still waiting for them.

Said they were going to send them out last tuesday, nothing arrived on wednesday, phoned them on wednesday "sorry, didnt send them out on tuesday, will send them out today for you, should be with you on thursday or friday. Thursday and friday went, nothing came... today, rang them... whats going on? Sorry, but the lights were damaged in transit??? How do they know that if they sent them out to me???) we have had to order another pair, we should get them on tomorrow, and then ring you with a tracking number, and then they should be with you wednesday or thurday this week.

If I dont get a tracking number tomorrow, I'm going to cancel the order and get my 160 quid back which they have had for two weeks.

Not the best service to be honest... this may be genuine, but I'd wait mate, lets see if I get mine!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the link above from GBK will definitely NOT be straight forward plug n play twin H7s. They no longer produce these (or if they do they are rarer than rockin horse poopoo) so D2S dipped & H7 main.

According to a few ppl on here who've already fitted them - the rewiring is fairly straightforward in converting the D2S to fit the existing wire looms in the car - definitely nothing to be overly concerned about... Obviously if u do go ahead with the lamps then youll have to get a D2S HID kit

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I shall wait and see if you get yours Milzy and see what your opinion of them is then. Keep us posted.

Milzy
    I will do buddy!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So to get the lights working you need a Hid kit?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ_Astra View Post
    So to get the lights working you need a Hid kit?
    and u need to rewire the headlights as they are originally intended for vehicles with xenon headlamps as standard and therefore they use a special wiring loom an multi plug connector - its a case of removing the connector and building ur own loom with standard plug n play connectors to plug into original harness or HID loom....or so i imagine

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have they arrived yet Milzy??

Milzy
    No mate, they have till friday afternoon... and if they are not with me on friday, I will be ringing them for my money back, and I will cancel the money going through to them by getting my, well dads credit card company on the case. And if they kick up a fuss, I will get on trading standards, watchdog and the citizens advice buero(sp). I know who's side they will take for sure.

They said they lights had arrived on tuesday, and that they will send them out on tuesday also, and they would give me a ring and give me a tracking number on wednesday, today. I had to ring them up today (not suprised) and they gave me a tracking number. So if they are not total morons, and sent it out 1st class it should be with me tomorrow mate, if not friday at the latest!

Will keep you informed mate.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yer seems like they are giving you the runabout, but fingers crossed that they are genuine excuses. When i looked on the website it said they have 9?? pairs in stock, you would think maybe 2 days max delivery time like most companies seem to provide on this kind of product.
    Hopefully you can have them before the weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast