Thread: Back Drivers Door

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Back Drivers Door

I have noticed that the back drivers door on my Astra Mk 5 doesnt lock when i press the lock key on my key ring. All the other doors lock apart from this.
    Upon closer inspection i noticed that the link to the electrics had come away and gone inside the car door, i have tried for two to three hours to squeeze my fingers into the small hole and pull the lead out, however i have only suceeded in pulling small parts of it off. I think i may need to take the door panel off to get inside but i do not know how to do this.
    I have spotted two hex screws on the inside panel...one right at the bottom of the door and one under a panel where the inside door lever is located. Despite removing these i cannot fathom out how to remove the rest of the panel and get to the area i want to.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome,

You'll need to remove the winder handle which is easier said than done..
    Best suggestion I've heard on here is to wrap a rag around behind the centre of the handle and pull it to and from, in all directions, which should loosen the U-clip....hard to understand, harder to explain !!

You need to remove a plastic cover from behind the chrome inner door handle, Undo screw behind it,
    Unclip the flap panel (on the pull close handle) prise upwards gently, and there are two screws behind that...

As you've seen, screws at bottom of door, and near door catch.

Good luck

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have removed all screws but cannot budge winder handle.i have wrapped cloth round centre of it and pulled it up and down left and right but nowt is happening.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is basically a u-shape clip that holds the window winder in. you have to work this loose before it will come out and release the handle. its hard work - i have managed it once before its really a case of making it loose and it will come out easliy!

good luck!
    Mk5 Astra Sxi, 18'' Kei racing force 10's, Eibach Pro street S Coilovers, Full JDL tuning bodykit, Irmscher spoiler and Lazer cut Grille, de-badged

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    BarryChall i would recommend using a very thin alan key

thats what i used.

Here is a quick diagram i made to show where the clip is situated on the door handle.

HTH

Steve
    Astra VXD
    rburgring - 10:55

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Back door

Cheers lads, took ages to find u clip but did come off when wrapped rag round door and pulled it (for the tenth time). worst part was trying to put lead back thru the whole in door and lining up links.