Thread: Rolling Road sunday-Newport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rolling Road sunday-Newport

I've never really done the power thing with cars mainly down to my age and insurance, ive always concentrated on audio and styling. Anyway i think owning a turbo coupe now i can justify spending the time and money on the engine

My local club sw-cc is holding a rolling road event at Westec down at Newport South Wales on the 11th - this sunday, and im booked on for about 10.30.

Im just wondering what to expect... as ive never attended a rolling road day before

So far my cars pretty much standard, apart from k&n panel filter, derestricted airbox, and Veccy cold air feed (the usual lol) so im looking for a nice round figure to start of with before i start with the engine mods, no doubt ill find the site as usefull as ever when it comes to that bit...

should be a good day anyway and if anyone wants to pop down if their local feel free, friendly enough club
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the one thing that really got me when we had a rr day, was how loud your engine will be as they take it up to about 7k rpm. I honestly though mine was going to go bang (so did everyone else ).

Seriously though mate, it was mint. Some good figures came in and some awesome cars ran on the day
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If anyones interested...

211.74bhp @ 5728rpm
    213 ft.lbs

Happy with that from a near standard z20let.
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though