Thread: Exhaust deillemas...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust deillemas...

I've done a bit of searching im just after a little more information.
    I have a 2001 Astra coupe turbo, im slowly ploughing through my list of things to do and the exhaust is up next...

Im after the Precat from LMF and also a sports cat to go with it, my local custom exhaust company 'pro-speed' offer sports cats for a reasonable price but im guessing an off the shelf one is going to be better as its designed for the car... Do LMF offer sports cats? as i couldn't find any on the site.

Next up is the cat back, im after a twin exit (pipe each side) so this is definitley going to be custom. Im wondering what sort of benefits im going to get if the catback is custom (which isnt really going to help performance too much) but the rest is off the shelf? Or would i be better off saving some money and going for a full custom?

Sorry if it seems a little cluelss, im just stuck between going for power improvement and looks as i want both
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LMF do sell sports cats mate, just had mine fitted bout two weeks ago, supplied by LMF & fit perfect, have a look at this page...

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/h...ction=0&page=3

I know that the hatch back section but it says its suitable for coupe turbo as well as hatchback providing the coupe has separate pre-cat n main cat otherwise you need to buy both at the same time.

Dunno mate its gonna be down to personal opinion more than anything, you have to decide looks/sound/performance or a combination! Straight through exhaust will give better performance than a "twin exit" but at the same time the twin exits do look good.

My Opinion if you're interested lol... the performance gains from pre & sports cat are pretty mint, but we aint talkin bout dropping 0-60 times are we lol so i would go for a smart twin exit at the back. try come up with sumfin original to make it more impressive (if you're funds will allow it lol! mine wouldnt! lol)

Let us know if you come up with any ideas/plans!

Good luck with the research!
    Arden GSi, Re-map, Cat-Back & Pre-cat, DV26 Dump Valve, De-restricted airbox, Veccy C intake, 30mm drop on Eibach's, EBC green stuff pads

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The thing that puts me off these cheaper sports cat sections is they reduce in diameter like the standard pipes just after the pre cat... The only 2 companies that i'm aware of that have 2.5" straight through are blueflame and milltek....
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im guessing id need themboth at the same time as mine is a 2001 plate and im sure its one single pipe?

I looked at the blueflame and miltek systems, think a compromize is in order, sports cat and precat from LMF then ill leave the catback to custom then

Cheers GSI Gaz great help mate!

EDIT £325 just for the sports cat?!?! Thats a bit steep surely?
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think it is actualy after doing my research when i was gettin mine a few weeks back, the bigger named companies where i looked had sports cats priced @ £395 give or take so £325 is pretty good really! plus it was a perfect fit so cant complain. only down side is im having trouble with the o2 sensor on the cat now so hopefully my re-map will sort it out today!!!!
    Arden GSi, Re-map, Cat-Back & Pre-cat, DV26 Dump Valve, De-restricted airbox, Veccy C intake, 30mm drop on Eibach's, EBC green stuff pads

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think it is actualy after doing my research when i was gettin mine a few weeks back, the bigger named companies where i looked had sports cats priced @ £395 give or take so £325 is pretty good really! plus it was a perfect fit so cant complain. only down side is im having trouble with the o2 sensor on the cat now so hopefully my re-map will sort it out today!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well think pro-speed can do a full decat and make a bolt on one for the MOT
    that would give u a good gain in bhp aswell