Thread: Help fitting two headunits and tv screen.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help fitting two headunits and tv screen.

Hi guys i've got a bit if cash to spend and i wonna add a tv screen and a dvd player to my install.
    But i have a few questions i need answering........
    i've already got an Alpine headunit, the model is IDA-XOO1, it's the fully functional headunit for the ipod.
    What i wonna do is get Another alpine dvd headunit, maybe thinkin of the Alpine dva 9861ri, but i want the ipod headunit to be my primary headunit, but i dunno weather this is possible, if anyone could shed some light in it, it would be much appricated

cheers
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    As long as your main headunit has a aux input to it you can connect a RCA preout from the dvd headunit to the input of the other
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've looked in the my owners manual and it doesn't say anything about an aux output but i have three rca connestors a rear output front out put and subwoofer output.
    If push comes to shove can i use this headunit as a secondary headunit and the dvd player as the primary headunit by just connecting to one of the rca outputs??

cheers
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Right from what you have said it does sound like your headunit doesnt have a aux input so you will have to go with the DVD player as your main headunit as that should have a aux input.
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    your alpine does have an auxiliary input, however your ipod interface will be hardwired into it. best bet is to either run them so the DVD is the main headunit, or get yourself another headunit that has plug-in ipod connectivity, and get yourselve a source selector/splitter

my there's been a few threads on running two headunits lately hasn't there (hint hint )
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    your alpine does have an auxiliary input, however your ipod interface will be hardwired into it.
    That got me thinking Pete and I now change what I said and it does have a aux input that can be made using the changer input. This is the first one i've found http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpi...1917a44b609633

The ipod uses a different input http://www.restricted.alpine-electro...DA-X001_EN.pdf