Thread: Renaultsport yellow clio detail

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Renaultsport yellow clio detail

Not vx but i thought you may like to see the competition..

I have been looking forward to this car when my friend Rob said he was getting it and did i fancy a day on it.....Hell yea!!! I love the Renault yellow special paintwork and have loads of new products to try out aswell so i knew it would be fun...

Rob turned up a little late from a hard night!!

Car was filthy so i was well chuffed!!

Today i decided to try and do things a touch differently so instead of doing the wheels i went straight in with the foam and foamed insides of wheels to see if it aided me at all..

I also decided to make a very runny foam mixture so it would run off the car quicker to see if this helped budge dirt rather than eat into it static??

To be honest i dont actually think it made much difference..

Car was then sprayed off

before moving onto wheels using swissvax brush and my drumstick wheel brushes.. Brembo brakes as standard is a nice touch and i dnt think i have seen a tighter fit between callipers and wheel before..My half inch wheel brush even struggled and i actually moved car forward a foot to make sure..

Using 2 bucket method , schmitt and chem guys citrus wash and gloss i proceeded to wash the car

car was then sprayed off and today i am tryinging the new Miracle clay ....One thing i always do is to leave a clay bar in water for an hour to see if it goes mushy as i find sonus green does from time to time...The clay comes packaged in a black box in a pack of two.

My first thoughts when opening the clay bar were Lehm Klay II and felt nice in the hand and easily mouldable....
    I then got on with claying the car and realised straight away this clio has one of these aerodynamic rear ends that spits everything up like the corsa vxr does....

Clay bar was then soaked in warm water for an hour and was well impressed with it after that time...It was warm and elastic but no way mushy or degrading...

I will happily use this in future along with my 3m.
    Car was then rewashed

and then filtered using zero ppm water from my filtration system in the garage..

the car was then quick detailed to aid with drying and dryed using a aquatouch drying towel....

I love the aquatouch and would not even consider any other towel but am excited about the new chemical guys drying towel i have heard massive reports of.....
    People keep asking me why i bother to use ro filtered water in my details and my answer is simple....When i have finished detailing water still inevitably ryns out from the cracks and seams and wing mirrors that cannot be dryed in normal conditions...This means that because i have used filtered water when it dries no residue or streaking is evident and it just evaporates without those horrid water lines...
    Car is then taken into the garage for inspection and masking up.....I really love this clio and Rob is incredibly lucky to own one of the 500 made at such a young age....
    After masking up i cracked on with paintwork correction..
    http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/index...&productId=230
    The car was not swirled very badly at all unless looking under lighting...The colour disguises defects very well due to the flip ability and the apparent hue of the panels viewed at different angles..
    After correction..

I then started working on the rear of the car after headlights were worked on.

cleaning my pad after every panel with the new edge brush.

Correction finished

And onto another new product i havent tried...Lime prime by dodo juice.

The product went on very easily and also have to say smelt lovely..Very ermmmmmm limey!!

The lime prime was left for a very short time before taking off......Removal was easy and slightly more greasy than i am used to with hd cleanse and cleaner fluid but gave nice results.....I am not in a position to comment on its ability compared as a comparison is unfair on such a wacky colour and had it been black i would have.....The surface was definetly wetter looking though so it had done the job as intended..

Wax today as discussed with Rob was swissvax sapphir...

Waxed panel at a time and buffed off....All shuts etc waxed as pre cleansed aswell..

All wheels waxed using Collonite 915 marque,d elegance.....Brembo,s done aswell.

and removed when cured

Now the other new product i was itching to put into a detail is Black wow.....

I decided to give this car an engine detail aswell using black wow on all plastic parts and wax everything else paintwork.
    Front left plastic untouched and front right Black wowed...

I can only say one thing about this product and anyone who watches any American bike building show will recognize the phrase..."Man thats awesome!!!"
    I can only say get some tyre gel , rub it on your bumpers then wish it had dried so that it beads and doesnt run down your car when it rains...Thats black wow!!!
    Jeez...everything was coated and it came up superbly and was dry within minutes...Rob was stunned as this is new plastic so imagine what its like on old bumpers that have faded!!!!
    Black pipe wowed aswell!!

Check out the label on the bottle shinning on the black box its sitting on...
    Rear bumper before black wow

and after

50/50

all done

Then the rest of the trim was black wowed and this came up even better as it was harder plastic...Check this out down the sides of the windscreen 50/50.

wing mirrors

front grill

oh no this is all making me ill again...ocd...wheres the dyson?? I love this stuff and will now be an integral part of my details as i have seen it bead aswell on my partners clio!!
    Next onto all rubber seals using my favourite Aerospace 303 uv protectant..

Next onto tyres using z***l tyre dressing in a swissvax bottle as my z***l one always buggers up. Applied using a new red foam applicator which is superb for the job.

Tyres dressed to a nice non-max power finish.

THE RESULTS

Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i could read your detailing posts allday marc.

it gives me the cleaning bug.

good work mate
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lovely job Marc as always

Love the little clios too. Rare liquid yellow paint - your mate is very lucky, its a lovely spec

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

Once again... nice work! Might have to get ya to do my Astra... when its finished!

I really love those 197's (not the F1 version though "Yuck") I think the exterior is Awesome!. But I hate the centre console... I think it looks a bit cheap and plain, very similar to the new Leon. Thats just my opinion, just in case you wanted to know!
    Leave No Man Behind.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    liquid yellow best couler for a clio and petrol blue mark mate im running out of comments stunning work again
    astra coupe bertone on 18" pro race 1.2s now on coilovers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all i can say is dude u are fecking awsome
    NEED A MOT look no further pm me

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stunning Job, if i cleaned my car like that i wouldnt want to drive it lol looks fantastic well done mate.

Status
    Club Team
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anoter good job
    Arden Blue Zafira Gsi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you're ever in Belfast, there's a very sad looking Astra that needs your TLC.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dnt like u...u piss me off and make me jelous lol..

o and great detail