Thread: convertible roof question

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

convertible roof question

hi everybody. i just joined and i want to straight away get into it by asking a question. we own an 04 convertible model. its a lovely car. when i was at the dealers looking at it i remember the salesman closing the roof using the key fob. since then, i have never managed to copy him! he left the dealers, and no-one else seems to know how to do it either! and there isnt anything in the maual about the cabrio at all exept tyre pressures! there are only two buttons on the fob so i thought "hey how difficult can it be" i was wrong!
    can anyone help please? i would love some feedback on this puzzler.
    thanks in advance to you guys

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to open you just keep the open button pressed until the roof has disapeard to close you have to dead lock the car (press close button twice) and keep it pressed until closed.

oh and you have to be standing almost on top of the car too!!! not the best invention they ever made!! hahaha
    2003 Convertible Turbo, Vectra c in take pipe, airbox mod, K&N filter,irredium plugs, Bailey Dump Valve with power pipe, Full Miltek Exhaust system, CS1. 240bhp 260 lb/ft

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    or you do what i did and fit a modified total closure kit , so you deadlock the car and the roof fully shuts without having to hold the button down.
    The best six quid i ever spent, looks quite cool too!
    Let the engine bay surgery commence !
    Now where did i put my angle grinder???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    or you do what i did and fit a modified total closure kit , so you deadlock the car and the roof fully shuts without having to hold the button down.
    The best six quid i ever spent, looks quite cool too!
    Hi mate where did you get the kit from you are on about and is it easy to fit?
    2003 Convertible Turbo, Vectra c in take pipe, airbox mod, K&N filter,irredium plugs, Bailey Dump Valve with power pipe, Full Miltek Exhaust system, CS1. 240bhp 260 lb/ft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    big thank you to you "turbo cabrio" and "lawson". i thought some clever dick would know how. i cant wait till the witch... sorry, the wife comes in so i can ave a go. thank you again.
    allan.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did the same when i brought my cab, and tried to show off to my mates, it opened fine, but when i tried put the roof up it kept stuttering and i ended up lookin like a right plank lol, i'd be intrested in the total closure kit!!!
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox