Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Smile East Anglian Meet Rotation Policy

ok so I've spent the day doing a few things as I didn't have to work, and one of these was sorting out potential meet logistics for the region.

I have devised a system whereby the meets are moved about regularly, and thus we don't always get the same people making incredibly long journeys to every meet, and we get to see a bit of the world too

using the "Philips Road Atlas of East Anglia and Lincolnshire" I have come up with a "zone" system for the area we cover, and basically we have our meets rotating throughout the zones 1-4. Next meet (November) will be in the Southern Zone.

this is the map I'm going to concentrate the meets in...

please note that if your area isn't on the map, it doesn't mean you aren't welcome to our meets, its merely because you are nearer the edge of the region and it makes it a long way to travel for those on the opposite side of the region

as you can see, I have divided the map up into four areas, North East South and West.

examples of places within each area are:

North: North Walsham (Courtenay Sport), Fakenham, Wells, Dereham, Cromer.

East: Norwich, Gt Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Southwold, Diss, Woodbridge.

South: Ipswich, Colchester, Stowmarket, Newmarket, Sudbury, Thetford.

West: Peterborough, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Wisbeach, Kings Lynn, Ely.

we shall be rotating the meets around the four zones in the order listed above. before anyone points it out, the zones are differing sizes to reflect the number of people we have living in them, eg at present we only have a couple from the South zone, and as such I have increased its size to encompass a few more people

if anyone has any comments they would like to make, or suggestions for moving the zone lines, then feel free to fire away. This should hopefully make it easier to plan meets in advance, and for people to know when we're coming back round their area again
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I personaly think its a briliant idea mate!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can see my house!

I think its a completely fair idea, just gotta be prepared for a trek once a month lol.
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteenhundred16v View Post
    I can see my house!

I think its a completely fair idea, just gotta be prepared for a trek once a month lol.
    well you will go and live right on the edge of the region on purpose

may not necessarily be a long trip either, if we have a meet in Ipswich it'll be next to no time for you, same as Stowmarket/Sudbury etc.

do you think it'd work better is I made the two lines cross over at Thetford or where it says Methwold for example?

open to all suggestions peeps, don't forget this is only v1 of the map, and theres nothing to say it can't evolve over time and mabe include more "zones" - just means we need to find more members in some of the sparser areas

I am working on a map using the membership list that will show how many people live in which zone, that will help me/us see where to make adjustments I hope.

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Right well after leaving this open for a few weeks, and having had a little play around with adding people's locations to it, I am going to stick with this design until such time we have a few new members and the spread of the populace alters.

In terms of exactly where we are at this point in time (after the November meet) we have had meets as follows:

May - Hunstanton - NORTH ZONE
    Sept - Norwich - EAST ZONE
    Oct - Mundford - WEST ZONE
    Nov - Newmarket - SOUTH ZONE

This means that for the next meet we ought to be heading round to the North zone again, however I am going to have a reshuffle due to a plan I have for a North Zone meet that will throw the system out, so have a look here for more details on 2008 meets:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=124324

don't worry though, the meets coming up next will be relatively close to those of you in the Northern territories

Thread Closed.